View Single Post
Old Thu, February 25th, 2010, 02:47 PM
Tuner novice

F-127 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven7.3liter View Post
So what exactly is this compared to the FU package. I am a little confused, I thought that there was no down time with the FU package. Could you please give me a little more info on this. I don't have anything yet, but getting ready to pull the trigger on something.
I wrote up a nice explanation earlier but must have only clicked preview post and then forgot to actually submit.

FICM reprogramming is something for the 6.0s. Basically Remote FICM reprogramming will eliminate the need to send in that module to be reprogrammed. Before you had to send in the FICM to Bill to be reprogrammed and wait for it to be returned with the downtime of shipping. Now you can set up to be reprogrammed at home without the delays of shipping with this option.

For 7.3s, the FU/FU2 will eliminate downtime in the fact that you can reprogram the chip yourself instead of having to ship it off to be done as you would with purchasing the Phoenix chip. Although the downtime isn't as bad with a 7.3 as you can often still drive the truck with the chip removed(depending on modifications).