Thread: Smoke Control
View Single Post
Old Sat, April 17th, 2010, 08:33 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

This damn laptop. I had 3 paragraphs written and it thought that it needed to do an automatic "go back to previous page" action...... I need another piece of duct tape over the touchpad. I thought that these things were only supposed to work with a finger touch; not shadows, shirt sleeves, moving air, etc.

Anyway, the condensed version goes like this.....

The injectors do have a mechanical threshold that doesn't allow them to inject any fuel at .4-.5 ms. of commanded pulse width. Judging by the map you posted, you might be pretty close to that and you might be losing some efficiency.

What is your actual IPR DC % while all of this is going on. I suspect that you may be at about the minimum 5% duty cycle....but with dual IPRs you SHOULD be able to dump ICP at 5% so that is a moot point.

Dave, I'm uncertain of what is going on. You absolutely NEED an emulator so I will send you mine when I get to Georgia so you can get all of your issues fixed quickly instead of doing the tune-test-repeat cycle over and over (since I know that that portion of the tuning is the most frustrating because it takes 10 minutes per tune to do it).

By the way, the XP disk should be arriving one of these days too. I sent it yesterday.