Thread: Aaannnddd POP!
View Single Post
Old Tue, May 24th, 2011, 07:54 AM
Tuner novice

F-127 is on a distinguished road

Yeah I guess I could of had projectile engine block material, so its not the worst scenario. It blew out right at the back of the driver's side head. I'm kind of amazed at how that gasket made it from there up above the A/C line. Head is still on, but I'm guessing there was coolant that made it to the cylinder just from the smoke out the tailpipe, the rest of it just poured on the ground.

Engine kept running, it was a definite POP when it happened. It was the first real WOT run with the pickup and current setup, as I was usually satisfied with performance at half throttle or less. Comp 910s were waiting to be installed so I though I might have lost a rocker arm as well but they all checked out. I had just changed the oil after hauling a smaller tractor on a bumper trailer. I went to unhook the trailer and then only a few miles before putting it down. Probably about 10 minutes from the oil change... I did not even THINK of it being a cold engine with such a recent oil change and possibly cooler oil until after it happened. I'm not sure if that had an effect or not.

Pretty full day of work at the shop, so it'll probably be after hours before I dig deeper. Might hear from me late tonight.