Thread: Aaannnddd POP!
View Single Post
Old Tue, May 24th, 2011, 10:37 PM
Tuner novice

F-127 is on a distinguished road

Update time, I knew that headgasket at the back of the cylinder head had blown out, so that's the first picture, #8. Star pattern from some too advanced timing? Its really the only cylinder with a definite pattern.

Prior to head removal I had noticed that the gasket had also pushed out slightly on the front cylinder of the same bank, #2. There is a very minute star pattern, I can only see two "points."

Figuring I've been flirting with disaster running new stock springs(supposedly around 20k since replacement), yes its true. Everything looked fine in the valvetrain when removed, but I'll be taking a much closer look.

Figuring on stock headgaskets with new ARP or H11 headstuds, probably throwing on a 68/74 modded H2E and turning down, knowing the high HP that the sledgehammer would provide is kinda out of reach with fresh headgaskets and the local street diesel class is 2.8 anyway. Going to check piston protrusion on 2 and 8 compared to the rest. Had the 910s to install for a while now, just didn't think I'd be doing it with the heads off. YAY! Can't really justify a complete engine build quite yet. Need a few more $$.