View Single Post
Old Sun, March 7th, 2010, 11:16 PM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

JWBFX4 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticopowell View Post
I am just thinking a 2" to 3" lift, and im already getting crappy mileage so I dont know how much i would notice... so what does lifting actually do to make it get less mileage?
Well since you say 2' or 3' are you talking about a leveling kit or a suspension lift. If the latter then you are talking some money. I can't remember off the top of my head about the OBS but most suspension lifts you have to use aftermarket rims with the correct backspacing.(There is an exception tho).

If you are talking about the leveling kit though DONT buy the "leveling kit" /torsion keys. You can easily get under the truck and cranked the bars up to give you another two on the front. But I dont feel that this is what you are talking about.

Lifting changes the aerodynamics, which can affect mileage, but it mainly comes when you throw them big tires under it with stock gearing. But I believe with regearing you can get back close to the mileage...heck I get less than some people that have 35's and have regeared.