View Single Post
Old Mon, March 8th, 2010, 09:13 PM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

JWBFX4 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticopowell View Post
That makes sense with the aerodynamics, but idk if 2-3 inches are gonna do that much that ways, and yeah the tires makes sense, my dad has 35" tires on his F-350 V10, and it gets 10-11 on a good day... I agree

Thanks for the advice on the torsion keys, i was looking at those and wondering why the ones i have couldn't do the same thing... So to do that I would just need the special tool for the torsion bars, and then crank them up.

If I am replacing the rear shocks, should I get different ones to add some lift? or is it even capable of that? thanks again for the responses.
No need for a special tool I think its just a metric socket if I remember right. I should have probably explained a little more about the torision keys, they will basically let you adjust the bars too much which will cause more damage in the long run and plus you would have to pay for them when you can do it for free.

I dont really remember if there are any adjustable shocks for the rear? But a couple other suggestions would be to add a bigger block in the rear. ( IF you have a 2wd you could put a 4wd block in the back about 1 5/8 tall or if you have a 4wd you could just get a 3" block) (Autospring has them for the cheapest if I remember right) THe other option would be to put on an add a leaf which is beneficial if you tow a lot. it will help the rear not sag as much. Hope this helps.