View Single Post
Old Tue, December 22nd, 2009, 11:51 PM
TIT (Tuner In Training)

soutthpaw has a spectacular aura aboutsoutthpaw has a spectacular aura aboutsoutthpaw has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Hungry View Post
DJ,

Make sure you are not significantly modifying BOTH the SOI Main and SOI Offset tables. They compound each other and can easily result in SOI values well over 45º. For reference, stock is about 24º at full throttle at around 3000 RPM.

Dave,

Since the SOI is handled in degrees on the SOI Main table, this is easier to translate. The SOI Offset (Delay) is much more vague, but is also more useful in the respect that you can control the temperature at which timing is added. This prevents one from running too much timing when the engine is cold and possibly causing damage. You could also use the SOI Adder vs. ECT, but this lacks a bit of resolution as it is only 7x7 to start with and 3 cells are wasted below 800 RPM.
I didn't touch the SOI offset as it seemed to vague cuz it would modify the whole map rather than specific areas, right? hadn't though about the SOI and ICP vs temp, Nice being in CA is that its easier to test out tunes due to the mild weather....

I was doing some figuring on milliseconds vs degrees and rpm... is this right
@600rpm= 10revs/second = 1rev/ 0.100 seconds or 100 milliseconds this 100/360 degrees = 3.6 degrees of rotation per millisecond at 600rpm or 7.2 degrees of rotation at 1200rpm ...10.8deg/millisecond at 1800 rpm and so on...
so for example at 1200 rpm an injector pulse width of 2ms would inject diesel through 21.6 degrees of rotation ???????

definitely doin' too much thinkin' 2nite...

Is there a constant for the burn rate of diesel... or I guess it would be on a slope variable to temp hence the reason for the offset for cold temps???
Projects. 1970's Hustler and Max II Amphibious ATV's