View Single Post
Old Thu, October 18th, 2012, 01:48 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by boto View Post
Thanks, Jack. I wonder if the fact that my Win 7 professional is a 64 bit OS has anything to do with it? I can't help noticing Bill's byline: "...Windows 7 is only a little less annoying"
It may - As a confession, I have not gotten Pegasus to connect properly to my old monochrome Gryphon on my new Win 7 professional 64 bit OS either. I don't have your error, but in spite of the fact that Pegasus SAYS the Gryphon is connected, the Gryphon's screen stays red and Pegasus appears to be frozen. Some day I'm going to HAVE to try to get this working, but, I have a working Pegasus on my older Win XP machines.

I suspect Longshot meant to say "every" trace of the previous install. A program I use to do this is Revo Uninstaller (the free version) and I always activate the "thorough" uninstall feature that wipes traces from the registry, as well as deleting folders and other traces. It's never caused me any problems when I've done this. (But it didn't fix my faulty Win 7 installation of Pegasus.)

- Jack