Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Tue, March 10th, 2009, 12:05 PM
Whopper

gowing82 is on a distinguished road
Question Upgrade Info!

I am looking forward to sending the EVO I currently have on my truck to you for an upgrade, I have a few questions. My warranty on my truck is over in about 6 months and I am going to be making some mods. My list is as follows,

Muffler Delete
EGR Delete

1. I am wondering if I should wait till the mods are done or will the tunes cover these mods w/o throwing and CEL's.

2. The "Fuel Sipper" tune you offer, is this reflashing the FICM, to the tune I am reading about on the forum. Or does it come part of any other tunes you offer, the guy I bought the truck from said Ford reflashed him and his MPG's went down alot that is why he got rid of the truck.

3. I'm curios on the Gryphon, is it 4 tunes and the stock, or 3 tunes and the stock?

My 2005 F350 6.0 is used for daily transportation for work, pulling a camper, and I like to mat it once in a while just to put the gassers in their place.

Thanks for your time

"Livin The Dream"
Jerry
Old Tue, March 10th, 2009, 04:48 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Hi Jerry -

I can't answer ALL your questions, since I drive one of those "gassers" you like to put in their place, but I DO know that Ford's reflash of the 6.0L engine hurt it both in power and in economy. They did it to protect themselves from warranty claims. Bill's tunes can get back the performance and economy and he tends to be conservative, so it won't damage your truck.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Tue, March 10th, 2009, 06:46 PM
TIT (Tuner In Training)

soutthpaw has a spectacular aura aboutsoutthpaw has a spectacular aura aboutsoutthpaw has a spectacular aura about

The FICM is a separate flash from the PCM that the tuner modifies.. you will need to remove the FICM and send it to Bill for reflashing. has the dealer reflashed you FICM...
Projects. 1970's Hustler and Max II Amphibious ATV's
Old Tue, March 10th, 2009, 10:10 PM
Double Whopper

NHRA6002 is on a distinguished road

I also have an 05 CC DRW 4X4 6.0L and will be installing a Magnaflow 4" turbo back without cat and have my EVO on order. The FICM was just replaced last month under warranty. So I have the same questions and would it be a good idea to send in the FICM for reflashing?
Old Wed, March 11th, 2009, 05:29 AM
Whopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by soutthpaw View Post
The FICM is a separate flash from the PCM that the tuner modifies.. you will need to remove the FICM and send it to Bill for reflashing. has the dealer reflashed you FICM...
Yes the dealer just reflashed it, I just got it back after them having it for 5 weeks. They repalced the head gaskets and I had them install the ARP"S

Will the truck run with the FICM out or is it idle till I get it back
Old Wed, March 11th, 2009, 12:12 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Unfortunately, it will be undrivable until the FICM is returned.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Wed, March 11th, 2009, 02:32 PM
Double Whopper

NHRA6002 is on a distinguished road

Can the dealer detect if the FICM has been reflashed from the last time they did it (just in case I have to take it back in for other work)

What would be the best way to ship it to you from Vancouver B.C. I have a friend in the Seattle area I could ship it to/from if that makes it easier/cheaper.
Old Wed, March 11th, 2009, 07:11 PM
Whopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Hungry View Post
Unfortunately, it will be undrivable until the FICM is returned.
How long does the reflash take ???
EVO, soon to be a GRYPHON:punk:
ARP's
325's on 18's
A Pillar Quad Guages
CB
SIRIUS..Lifer
Old Wed, March 11th, 2009, 07:15 PM
Whopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowing82 View Post
I am looking forward to sending the EVO I currently have on my truck to you for an upgrade, I have a few questions. My warranty on my truck is over in about 6 months and I am going to be making some mods. My list is as follows,

Muffler Delete
EGR Delete

1. I am wondering if I should wait till the mods are done or will the tunes cover these mods w/o throwing and CEL's.

2. The "Fuel Sipper" tune you offer, is this reflashing the FICM, to the tune I am reading about on the forum. Or does it come part of any other tunes you offer, the guy I bought the truck from said Ford reflashed him and his MPG's went down alot that is why he got rid of the truck.

3. I'm curios on the Gryphon, is it 4 tunes and the stock, or 3 tunes and the stock?

My 2005 F350 6.0 is used for daily transportation for work, pulling a camper, and I like to mat it once in a while just to put the gassers in their place.

Thanks for your time

"Livin The Dream"
Jerry
Bill-
Can you help me out with items 1,2and 3?
EVO, soon to be a GRYPHON:punk:
ARP's
325's on 18's
A Pillar Quad Guages
CB
SIRIUS..Lifer
Old Wed, March 11th, 2009, 11:10 PM
Double Whopper

sonic blue l is on a distinguished road

on the evo:

level 1 = trans tuning only
level 2 = milage
level 3 = tow
level 4 = extreme

egr delete will set a cel, it may not come on in cold weather though, but will in summer temps.

Gryphon tunes depend on how you want them and what number you want to match which tune.