Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Tue, May 26th, 2009, 06:24 PM
tmanfx4

tmanfx4 is on a distinguished road
Default custom tunes in but how do i download them?

I received my custom tunes about a week ago and i already downloaded pegasus but i cant seem to get them to my gryphon... PLEASE HELP!!!

Last edited by Power Hungry; Tue, May 26th, 2009 at 09:28 PM.
Old Tue, May 26th, 2009, 06:53 PM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

JWBFX4 is on a distinguished road

Well first you need to download pegasus...this can be found on the main page under downloads. After you download it you still may have to update it if bill hasn't had a chance to update the installer...and to do that open up pegasus click on update then click pegasus update manager. After all that is done open pegasus hook the gryphon up and click on updates then targeted functions and it should download. You will have to disable your firewall probably.

And under the downloads on the main page is a pdf that goes into a few more things than I said.

If you have vista it is a little more instructions found on the pdf. file.

Maybe I covered it all.

Edit: I didn't see that you said you had download pegasus...now you probably need to just update pegasus then do the rest of what I had said.
Old Tue, May 26th, 2009, 06:54 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

First, what is your operating system? If it's Windows XP, you're good to proceed. If it's 32-bit Vista, you have to disable the UAC (the Pegasus manual tells you how to do this). Finally, if you are using 64-bit Vista, find a different computer. Bill's working on a fix, but it's not in place yet.

Now, assuming Pegasus works, make sure it's the current version! Go to Updates->Pegasus Update Manager. If it finds an update, click on Updates->Apply Updates. The current firmware version is 2.01.0575 as I write this.

If you are up to date, Register Pegasus! Click on Help->Registration and fill in all the details!

Then, with your Gryphon set back to Level 0, plug it in to the computer. If it connects properly, you'll see that it is "connected" and you'll see your Gryphon's serial number in the lower right corner of the Pegasus Status bar. Click on Updates->Targeted Functions.

If it finds the tune files let Pegasus apply them and when it is finished, simply unplug the Gryphon and take it to your truck.

(And JWBFX4) was quicker than me!)

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Tue, May 26th, 2009, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackandJanet View Post

(And JWBFX4) was quicker than me!)

- Jack
But Jack's post made a lot more sense
Old Tue, May 26th, 2009, 07:18 PM
PHP Groupie

Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWBFX4 View Post
But Jack's post made a lot more sense
Oh, not really - But if someone asks me the time, I really do try to tell them how to build a clock! :o

Bill is really working on improving Pegasus now. The current version is a brand new update! And the registration information being sent to the server - brilliant!

I expect one or two more changes to Pegasus soon, from what Bill has said.

- Jack
Old Tue, May 26th, 2009, 07:31 PM
tmanfx4

tmanfx4 is on a distinguished road

Hey thanks guys i did that and it worked. I just went and test drove the truck and holy sh*t i don't know why everyone doesn't get custom tunes from bill. A huge thanks to bill he did awsome!!!
Old Tue, May 26th, 2009, 07:33 PM
PHP Groupie

Well cool! I'm glad we could help you out. Even more, I'm glad you're happy with your tunes!

- Jack
Old Tue, May 26th, 2009, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmanfx4 View Post
Hey thanks guys i did that and it worked. I just went and test drove the truck and holy sh*t i don't know why everyone doesn't get custom tunes from bill. A huge thanks to bill he did awsome!!!
x2 the custom tunes made a hugh differenece even on my stock truck.
Old Tue, May 26th, 2009, 10:02 PM
Whopper

stryker6040 is on a distinguished road

when you reset the gryphon back to zero setting to apply the new custom tunes is there anyway you can save the stock tunes or back them up for later down the road?
Old Wed, May 27th, 2009, 09:01 AM
PHP Groupie

No, there isn't. The Gryphon has room for three performance tunes in addition to the "stock" tune. If, however, you decide to sell your Gryphon someday, you can set it back to "stock", complete with the original canned tunes by updating the "Calibration" information on it using Pegasus. This "wipes" out your custom tunes.

- Jack