Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Mon, December 21st, 2009, 10:30 AM
Whopper Junior

surf_doctor is on a distinguished road
Default How to View Custom Options Baseline Settings

How do you view the current settings on a canned tune so I can record them. Switched to level 2 (no custom options), drove for a few miles, turned off truck, then went back into level 2 again, yes to custom options, reload previous settings. Flipping through the menus, everything seems to be set to 0 except for tire and rear end size - shift points, RPM's, etc. Backed out of everything and reloaded canned level 2 again, no custom options. Want to record the canned settings so I have my baseline.

Thanks
Old Mon, December 21st, 2009, 10:55 AM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

You actually can't do what you're trying to do. The ones that show "0" allow you to add or subtract from the "tune settings", that's all. You simply have to trust that the tune settings are what you want. The Tire Size (TS) and Gear Ratio (GR) are very likely incorrect, and will have to be corrected if you open the custom options menu (this has been covered numerous times elsewhere). IF you open that menu, ALWAYS check and correct the TS and GR as necessary.

However, there ARE a few settings you can view and record (and I've done that). The WOT shifts will be a number, as will the Rev Limit. The Speed limit will be a number too (I think it's 99). The WOT fuel will also be a number, like 1.3, which can be adjusted. I can't recall if the idle is shown as zero or not, since I've never bothered to play with it.

So, with many of the settings, zero (0) IS your baseline.

And, as I've told many people in the past, don't be in a big hurry to change things. People who understand these trucks better than you or I have spent many hours developing the tunes that get loaded. It's kind of the height of arrogance to assume you or I could do better with our limited knowledge.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Mon, December 21st, 2009, 11:47 AM
Whopper Junior

surf_doctor is on a distinguished road

OK, got it, sort of like built-in protection then. And yes, some of the values (RPM, etc) numbers were there but I didn't change them. I just wanted to look at them anyway, not change them.

The baseline settings were to be used as a reference point in order to provide input to Bill for my custom tunes.

Thanks for your explanation though - I get it now.
Old Mon, December 21st, 2009, 06:22 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

You can use the "offset" from zero for input to Bill, since he knows what the "zero" values are. So, if you were to adjust your shift "firmness" settings to, say, +12, +12 and +9, and you liked the "feel", you'd just tell him that. He knows what to do with that information. And, he probably wouldn't just change the lockup delay to those values, which is what you're changing, he'd probably make adjustments to line pressures and torque reduction too. (Note: I'm not saying the values I just quoted are good ones. I've never felt the need to change my firmness settings at all).

- Jack