Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Fri, July 3rd, 2009, 08:16 PM
Baconator

BlackSTX is on a distinguished road
Default That thing got a Gryphon? Sweeeeeeeet!

Got my Gryphon this afternoon. Of course, even though UPS had it yesterday morning at the terminal, I didn't see it until close to 5:00 this afternoon; but so far, I can say good things come to those who wait.

Nice job on the tune Bill! THANK YOU! I gave it a pretty good mix of driving (and rental car-like beating) on the 87 tune and I noticed a nice difference, pretty much across the board. I don't know how much you changed shifting parameters, but it certainly seems improved over the canned tuning. I don't think I got belt chirp shifting to third before.... Certainly not without altering the stock settings; and I had them bumped up before. Yet, it's not harsh by any means, just nice and quick. I may play with them a bit eventually; but I have to careful there, I have rods in my neck from surgery two years ago, and the shifting snap was causing a little nerve pinch before .... not at all this time, just about perfect now!
I'll also say it seems to pull pretty darn well once it gets rolling ( need gears); and on any downshift, especially to 2nd, it pulls strong!

Hopefully tomorrow I can finish off the 87 in the tank and start feeding it some 93, I'm anxious to see the difference.

It's certainly nice to have a good running truck again! Throttle response....YEAH!!!!! I was beginning to forget what that was like.

Thanks for the mints Corey! Hope the family enjoys the weekend! Thanks much for the prompt service!

Current mods: AEM Bruteforce CAI, Magnaflow SI/DO, Gryphon-87 & 93 tunes, Harley head lamps, tinted windows, lower grille filler, and FX2 lower valance.
Old Fri, July 3rd, 2009, 11:04 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light
Cool!

Don't pinch any nerves now and have an accident!

Enjoy!

Lars

BTW I see in your sig you have a 180 tstat still listed didn't you take that out and put a stock one in?

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Sat, July 4th, 2009, 06:54 AM
Baconator

Trust me, I don't want pinched nerves either. Not a good feeling. But inevitable as I'll likely need surgery again away. Last surgery was to remove two severely herniated discs, still have arthritis at the same spots to contend with.
Anyway, you can't sit on the sidelines worrying about every issue you have and let the things you enjoy go by the wayside. The one thing I enjoy is getting out on some rural roads, enjoy the scenery, and blast through the gears....which I have to do today!!!! Very few things as relaxing as a blast through the country, wrenching through some twisty, hilly roads. Now that it doesn't feel as though I'm trying to pull a house behind me, it should be just that more enjoyable.

Current mods: AEM Bruteforce CAI, Magnaflow SI/DO, Gryphon-87 & 93 tunes, Harley head lamps, tinted windows, lower grille filler, and FX2 lower valance.
Old Sat, July 4th, 2009, 11:52 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSTX View Post
Got my Gryphon this afternoon. Of course, even though UPS had it yesterday morning at the terminal, I didn't see it until close to 5:00 this afternoon; but so far, I can say good things come to those who wait.

Nice job on the tune Bill! THANK YOU! I gave it a pretty good mix of driving (and rental car-like beating) on the 87 tune and I noticed a nice difference, pretty much across the board. I don't know how much you changed shifting parameters, but it certainly seems improved over the canned tuning. I don't think I got belt chirp shifting to third before.... Certainly not without altering the stock settings; and I had them bumped up before. Yet, it's not harsh by any means, just nice and quick. I may play with them a bit eventually; but I have to careful there,
Be real careful when adjusting shift firmness in a custom tune.
When Bill writes the customs you get new starting points for adjustments.
Like 93 canned tune you went +12 +12 +9.
Now on the 93 custom those same settings may look like 0 0 0. Because Bill has written in the increased firmness already.
So, while adjusting custom tunes be conservative in adjustments.

Lars

Old Sun, July 5th, 2009, 08:30 AM
Baconator

That's not a problem, I always do conservative adjustments and gradually work my way up. Being you never really know how an adjustment effects your vehicle, always make minor ones and go up from there in small increments. It's good advice everyone should stick with.

Old Sun, July 5th, 2009, 08:55 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

Good i'm glad you understand!

Lars

Old Sun, July 5th, 2009, 10:51 PM
Whopper

Cleatis18 is on a distinguished road

Congrats on the tunes I sent mine in a week and a half ago for some custom tuning, hope it does to mine what it did to yours!

08 F-150 FX4 SuperCrew
K&N 63 series CAI
MBRP Cool Duals Cat-Back Exhaust
Gryphon Programmer
Old Wed, July 8th, 2009, 06:05 AM
Baconator

It's worth the wait. Now it's not slam you back in the seat improvement over the canned tunes; but then you're not changing parts, just refining the programming, and that alone is an improvement.
I was missing the improvement in shifting, and had tweaked my firmness and lockup quite a bit previously; but I'm happy with how it is responding right now. the TC used to unlock all the time, even if you so much as thought about stepping on the gas, or hit the slightest bit of a hill. It now has enough power to remain in lockup and cruise its way along, without unlocking all the time. That alone is always worth it; I was really annoyed by the constant hunting, and the programmer has thankfully stopped it. The responsiveness is a plus, and the improvement in the sound of the truck over stock is definitely noticable.