Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Mon, July 20th, 2009, 09:07 PM
Whopper

MacsFX4 is on a distinguished road
Default custom tunes are ready!!!!!

well i just got a email saying my custom tunes are done. so i plugged the gryphon in my computer and loaded pegsaus and it look me a while to figure out how to load custom tunes but i was just seeing if i did it right. i went into targeted functions and a bunch of stuff loaded and then it says its complete is that how you do it
Old Mon, July 20th, 2009, 09:56 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

That sounds about right.

Enjoy, and please let us know if we can help you in any way.

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Tue, July 21st, 2009, 08:30 AM
Whopper

MacsFX4 is on a distinguished road

custom tunes rock!!!!!!!!! I couldnt wait to test drive it and all i have to say is WOW!!! but one thing i noticed is when the motor is cold and not warmed up yet when i punch it i still hear a little pinging from the motor but after i drive a few miles and the motor is warmed up when i punch it it doesnt ping is this normal with a programmer or is their any custom options that i could change. No biggie it runs fantastic but i dont want to harm the motor at all but it just seems like once the motor is warmed up it runs great no pinging
Old Tue, July 21st, 2009, 09:59 AM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacsFX4 View Post
custom tunes rock!!!!!!!!! I couldnt wait to test drive it and all i have to say is WOW!!! but one thing i noticed is when the motor is cold and not warmed up yet when i punch it i still hear a little pinging from the motor but after i drive a few miles and the motor is warmed up when i punch it it doesnt ping is this normal with a programmer or is their any custom options that i could change. No biggie it runs fantastic but i dont want to harm the motor at all but it just seems like once the motor is warmed up it runs great no pinging
Macs - I really would not "punch it" if the engine is not warmed up. Until the engine warms up, you want to drive it pretty gently. This gives the system time to lubricate all moving parts and, in general, "loosen up".

I can't tell you if it's normal to hear pinging on a cold engine when you "punch it", because I don't do that.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer