Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Fri, May 22nd, 2009, 11:12 AM
Let the Mud come!!!

twintips_17 is on a distinguished road
Default Pegasus Problems....

So i got an email last night telling me my tunes are ready So i went and found the instructions on how to down load them on their web site and here is the process i followed.

First i set truck to stock, then i unplugged my gryphon and took it to the computer. Plugged it in and started Pegasus. Everything loaded just fine and showed my serial number as being right.

Then i clicked on updates and found that there are two updates that i needed to install. So i did and the software restarted itself when done.

but it gives me a run time error message of "run time error #71, Disk not ready"

I tried to uninstall and reinstall the software off the web site and it did just fine. I tried to download my tunes without doing the updates and it tells me there a server error. On PHP website it tells you if you get this error to do the updates.

I tried this 3 more times and each time i have gotten the same message.

Any ideas or things i am doing wrong.

I am running xp and i have turned off my firewall and virus software.

And the wait continues. Im gune try on a differnt computer in the mean time.

SUPERcrew
AF1, EDGE, and EFANS with Magnaflow Exhast SISO.
Expy Console and Rear Seat Swap! Eagle 16's with 285-75/16 ST's
Gryphon Tuner soon to have custom tunes by PHP!
Old Fri, May 22nd, 2009, 11:17 AM
Let the Mud come!!!

twintips_17 is on a distinguished road

So i got it to work on another computer so it must be mine..... Tunes are loading now.... And look they are done... LOL Vromm Vromm

SUPERcrew
AF1, EDGE, and EFANS with Magnaflow Exhast SISO.
Expy Console and Rear Seat Swap! Eagle 16's with 285-75/16 ST's
Gryphon Tuner soon to have custom tunes by PHP!
Old Fri, May 22nd, 2009, 11:24 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

I got that one also last night at about 6pm central. Uninstalled and reinstalled and applied updates then got the "server maintenance" window 3 times! WTF! So I calmed down and retried at the office this morning. Crossing fingers and toes that it worked!!!!!

Lars

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Fri, May 22nd, 2009, 12:51 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

OK, it looks like perhaps the update to Pegasus was done in "pieces". Yesterday, right after I read the notice that there was an update to Pegasus, I applied it. Things went fine and the version number changed to 2.01.0532.

I didn't need to do anything to my Gryphon, so, that's where I left things. Just now, I read the problems Twintips and Lars had, so I ran Pegasus again and had it look for more updates. It found a "stockfile" update (which tells me nothing except that it's probably something that's needed) and applied it too.

The version number has not changed, but something in Pegasus was clearly altered. I'm suspecting Bill may have found an error/oversight/whatever in the original update and he may have taken the update offline untile he worked things out. It's what I would have done.

Twintips, I have no idea why your update didn't work on the original computer. Perhaps it would work now, if you tried an uninstall/fresh install.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Sat, May 23rd, 2009, 02:55 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Just to let everyone know, I have NOT yet updated the installer that is on the PHP website. That is still v2.01.0127. As soon as I finish up a few modification this weekend, I'll be updating the full installer as well. This way, if people are still having issues getting the FTP version of the software to auto-update, they can just do a full install.

Take care.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!