Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Wed, December 16th, 2009, 10:59 AM
Praying for my Tranny

Buddy Starr is on a distinguished road
Question Gryphon V.S. FU2

I am wondering......

Is there any difference in programming, performance, or reliability between the Gryphon and the FU2 for a 7.3 PSD? I don't have questions about features like shift on the fly or burning tunes. Just chip V.S. programmer
Thanks for any help.
Old Wed, December 16th, 2009, 11:56 AM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy Starr View Post
I am wondering......

Is there any difference in programming, performance, or reliability between the Gryphon and the FU2 for a 7.3 PSD? I don't have questions about features like shift on the fly or burning tunes. Just chip V.S. programmer
Thanks for any help.
I suspect in the reliability department, they are similar. You have the ability to select up to 6 custom tunes with the FU2 chip, and only 3 with the programmer. The programmer has gauges of course and the chip doesn't. Finally, the chip and burner is about $100 more than the programmer.

I'm certain the performance you would get out of your truck would be the same, for identical tunes, regardless of the device used to create that tune.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer

Last edited by Jackpine; Wed, December 16th, 2009 at 09:44 PM. Reason: Fixed a typo
Old Wed, December 16th, 2009, 05:58 PM
Praying for my Tranny

Buddy Starr is on a distinguished road

Thanks Jack.
Old Wed, December 16th, 2009, 08:22 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

Couldn't have said it better myself, Jack! Thank you!

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Wed, December 16th, 2009, 10:23 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

With the gryphon you will also get to monitor your trucks read outs of up to 4 of them at once.
The downside of the gryphon is that the vehicle needs to be off to switch tunes.
Now with a multiposition chip you'll never have to shut the vehicle down when changing a tune.

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.