Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Sat, April 4th, 2009, 12:52 PM
Inbred Oregonian

orygunf150 is on a distinguished road
Default Speedo/Odo correction

Reading this thread
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/836709-odo.html
I am also wondering, does changing the tire size on our programmer also change the Ford speedo or just the programmer? My Ford speedo is a few mph off but the Gryphon reads about right, (according to my GPS).
Old Sat, April 4th, 2009, 01:04 PM
Bacon King

Sburn will become famous soon enoughSburn will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by orygunf150 View Post
Reading this thread
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/836709-odo.html
I am also wondering, does changing the tire size on our programmer also change the Ford speedo or just the programmer? My Ford speedo is a few mph off but the Gryphon reads about right, (according to my GPS).
If your Gryphon matches your GPS, you're fine. Odo will also be correct. Your speedo will be 3% higher than your actual (GPS) speed because Ford set it that way.

Old Sat, April 4th, 2009, 11:19 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sburn View Post
If your Gryphon matches your GPS, you're fine. Odo will also be correct. Your speedo will be 3% higher than your actual (GPS) speed because Ford set it that way.
Very good, Sburn! I hadn't thought of the speed difference in terms of percentages. That explains why it's only about 1 mph fast in the 40 mph range and is 2 mph fast in the 70 mph range.

And, back to the OP's question - yes! Programming the PCM with a new tire size set in the programmer DOES change the dashboard speedometer too. The PCM controls the speedometer readout in the new trucks.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer