Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Wed, April 29th, 2009, 10:59 PM
Towing F150

SockTX is on a distinguished road
Default My Gryphon, changing trucks

I have been running my Gryphon with custom tunes on my 2004 f150 with a 4.6. I just purchased a 2006 with a 5.4. I want to put the stock (canned) tunes back in the programmer so it will work with the stock 5.4 until I get some custom tunes. I put my old truck back to stock and took out the programmer.

What next.

Thanks

Last edited by SockTX; Wed, April 29th, 2009 at 11:19 PM.
Old Wed, April 29th, 2009, 11:40 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by SockTX View Post
I have been running my Gryphon with custom tunes on my 2004 f150 with a 4.6. I just purchased a 2006 with a 5.4. I want to put the stock (canned) tunes back in the programmer so it will work with the stock 5.4 until I get some custom tunes. I put my old truck back to stock and took out the programmer.

What next.

Thanks
I think you "fire up" Pegasus and connect your Gryphon. Then, Click on Updates->Gryphon Update Manager and, this time, accept an update to the "Calibrations". This should return your unit to stock and it should then be able to communicate with your new truck. At this point, you can find your new truck's HEX code (for the new custom tunes) and, you can program your new truck with any of the canned tunes on your "stock" Gryphon.

If, I've said anything wrong here, I'll cover the cost to fix it with PHP, so give it a try. I'm 99% sure what I'm telling you is correct.

Let me know how things work out.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Thu, April 30th, 2009, 12:16 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

This is something I learned over on another forum.
I thought I knew the body classes(PCM) of these trucks but there are some additional groups.
97-2003
04heritage
2004-2008
2006-2008ffv
2007-2008
You can hook it up and return it to stock via pegasus but have Bill or Corey let you know if it's compatible. Better to know now then to not to know.

I don't want Jack having to buy "something"

Lars

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.

Last edited by 88Racing; Thu, April 30th, 2009 at 12:31 AM.
Old Thu, April 30th, 2009, 09:18 PM
Towing F150

SockTX is on a distinguished road
Default Swaping Trucks

Thanks for the info. My new computer wont run the program.

I will call them to be sure. I returned my truck to stock. It was a supercrew XLT with a 4.6.

My new to me truck is a Lariat supercrew with a 5.4 with 30,000 miles.

I will try to update on my old laptop.

Thanks
Old Fri, May 1st, 2009, 09:27 AM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Pegasus doesn't like 64-bit Vista at all. You CAN make Pegasus work on 32-bit Vista and the procedure is in the Pegasus manual which you can download from PHP's website. If your laptop is Windows XP, Pegasus WILL run on it.

Thanks for looking out for me Lars, but I think I'm OK here. I'm pretty sure he must have the older hardware in his Gryphon, but with a firmware update, it should recognize all the hex codes in the 2004-2008 trucks.

- Jack
Old Fri, May 1st, 2009, 10:06 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackandJanet View Post
Pegasus doesn't like 64-bit Vista at all. You CAN make Pegasus work on 32-bit Vista and the procedure is in the Pegasus manual which you can download from PHP's website. If your laptop is Windows XP, Pegasus WILL run on it.

Thanks for looking out for me Lars, but I think I'm OK here. I'm pretty sure he must have the older hardware in his Gryphon, but with a firmware update, it should recognize all the hex codes in the 2004-2008 trucks.

- Jack
So its the "firmware" that recognizes the pcm hex codes. I just had a bad assumption that it was something else. As long as the firmware is up to date then all is well.

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.