Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > F.U. Chip & FU2 Flex Chip (DISCONTINUED)

F.U. Chip & FU2 Flex Chip (DISCONTINUED) If you have a question or comment relating the new F.U. Chip or FU2 Flex Chip, post it here.

Old Tue, March 9th, 2010, 03:06 AM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

epowers777 is on a distinguished road
Default Fu Chip problem

I am having an issue with the chip. I have the switch hanging over the steering wheel cause I havent installed it yet. My truck shut off like 5 times today. Im guessing that Im not haveing good contact with the computer. If you bump the wire my truck shuts off. But is seems the chip doesnt move at all. I think its the switch going to the php chip any ideas?

Also I tried the smoke show today and no smoke and the engine sounded horrible. Like the injectors are overloading? Do they do that? Can someone explain to me how the injectors work? So the only tunes that work good for me is the 2 economy ones. I tried the towing one today while getting on the freeway and it sound like the smoke show and the 100hp overloading sound.

Last question after my truck sits for a few days when I go start it it sounds like its missing (like a lopy cam). After awhile it goes away. I thought it was a leaky fuel bowl. Any ideas on that?

Thanks for your help.
Old Tue, March 9th, 2010, 07:46 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

I've got a message to Bill. Unfortunately, I know he's gone to Utah right now and won't be able to help much for the next week. Definitely keep driving on the tunes that you feel comfortable with and hopefully he can get you squared away.
Old Tue, March 9th, 2010, 03:23 PM

The bottom question has nothing to do with the chip just wondering if I could get your help on that one.

Im going to pull the computer out and clean the connections better. How clean should I go?
Old Tue, March 9th, 2010, 03:34 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Cleaning the contacts:

http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/phoen...ol-module.html

As far as the "lopey cam" sound, is it a situation that causes a "ruh-ruh-ruh-ruh" sound (say "ruh" just a tad faster than once a second)?
If so, it's almost a normal characteristic when it's below 30 degrees outside and if you're using 15/40 oil. It should only last a few seconds though. If it's a rhythmic miss, check the exhaust while it's doing it....any white smoke that smells like raw fuel?
Old Tue, March 9th, 2010, 06:07 PM
TIT (Tuner In Training)

soutthpaw has a spectacular aura aboutsoutthpaw has a spectacular aura aboutsoutthpaw has a spectacular aura about

which tunes did you get on your chip??? do you have any mods beside the chip? Definitely clean your contacts again...
Projects. 1970's Hustler and Max II Amphibious ATV's
Old Wed, March 10th, 2010, 04:37 AM

MMMM maybe thats it Im running a delo 400 20 40w industrial oil. It sounds like it misses and then itll go away after like a minute. I heard you can pull out the oil line and clean it for the injectors. Do you have any info on it? Other guys at my work have been running this oil on there powerstrokes and have had no issue.

I think I got the regular tunes for stock truck. Bill was trying to figure out if I had a pre or late 99. He asked me if I had a heater on my truck I told him Yes 2 large wires going to a probe near the turbo valve red line. Also I have a refurbished computer,

i have and intake and exhaust. I think the exhaust is 4 in and then a hollow muffler with a 6 inch tip.
Old Wed, March 10th, 2010, 04:47 AM

1999 or 99.5 - Page 2 - Powerstroke Nation
Scroll down my engine looks exactly like that. It says its a late 99 Bill gave me the early 99 tunes. I will take a pic of engine to verify.
Old Wed, March 10th, 2010, 09:27 AM

Robert6401 is on a distinguished road

Have you tried cleaning the contacts again and just generally making sure the chip is seated well? When I first installed mine, it would shut off intermittently. The contacts were plenty clean, but the chip just wasn't seated well.

2003 F250 Lariat 7.3PSD CC SB FX4

Kwik (6637) Filter, RE 2.5" leveling kit, F350 Rear Blocks, TC Lock, Fumoto, EBPV/Exhaust Brake,6.0 Tranny Cooler, AIH Delete, IssPro EV2 Gauges, PHP Phoenix stock, 25tow, 40tow, 65tow, 80dd, 100perf, In-tank mods, Muffler Delete, WW, FRx,HPx, JW Stage 1 Trans, Swamps HV/HF IDM
-Pulling a 38' Forest River Sierra 5th Wheel
Old Sun, March 14th, 2010, 05:46 AM

I cleaned my connectors and found out it was a bad connection. The truck does not kick off. My starting issue seems gone the fuel bowl plug was unplugged. I plugged it in and it hasnt gone raw raw yet.
Im am still getting that injector soung with tow mode and smoke show and 100hp performance. can bill send me new tunes since we found out I have a late 99?
Old Sun, March 14th, 2010, 07:38 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

Of course! All he needs to do is update the tunes on his server for you to download. You'll probably have to wait until he gets back on Tuesday or Wednesday. He's going to be super busy though so just cruise around on your other tunes until then!