Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Thu, October 15th, 2009, 06:36 PM
Bacon King

svt2205 is on a distinguished road
Default Tire Size

How the heck do you know what the tire size setting is that is programmed into a custom tune?

My speedo has been off since day one with my custom tunes. It's not really an problem as I think I've been able to adjust the size to one that works. But when I recently decided to swap to my custom tow tune (I'd never tried it), I couldn't remember what the size needed to be.

My tires are 275/70-18 and the unit always shows 2669 in either of my 2 custom tunes (tow and performance). I set the size to 2566, which is what is the number I get when I use the calculation in the Gryphon manual (yes I actually use it). After the PCM has been programmed and I go into the custom tune mode, it still shows the 2669.

Maybe this is normal, but it seems odd I can't verify my setting.

Any suggestions?

Thanks