Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Everything Else > The Conversation Pit

The Conversation Pit This is where EVERYTHING else goes. No subject is too mundane. How's the weather in your area? Did your kid cut his first tooth? Really, what do you think about the President? And don't get me started on Cummins and Duramaxes. Have at it!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Tue, November 10th, 2009, 08:00 PM
TIT (Tuner In Training)

soutthpaw has a spectacular aura aboutsoutthpaw has a spectacular aura aboutsoutthpaw has a spectacular aura about
Default Opinions on Dodge Diesel's

My sister is looking for a newer truck to replace her 95 Ford F250 460.. which she has owned since new. she is wanting something newer. less than 5 yrs old. her Riding buddy also has a 96 F350 CC 4x4 with the 7.3L which they are also planning to sell and just get one truck between them... If they weren't 1100 miles away I would convince them to keep the 7.3L
so the options are a 6.0h Leaker 6.4L or the Dodge Cummins... I don't follow dodge models but I do know the 5.9 was/is a great engine like the 7.3..
Any known issues on the late model dodges.. what should I be looking for and avoiding???.. as she will prob send me the money to buy her one here in CO, go thru it and service/repair, upgrade it then take it out to her in CA....

This is a serious question and not intended as a Cummins/ford debate...
I hate GM's so they are out of the question...

Oh they are asking $8000 for the 7.3 its got a newer tranny and I sent them to get a shift kit put in it after she complained about the towing.. said it made a world of difference (duh) anyway no tuner or chip or any other aftermarket exhaust etc. currently that truck is in Los Angeles area...
Projects. 1970's Hustler and Max II Amphibious ATV's