Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford Super Duty & Excursion > 2003 to 2007 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel

2003 to 2007 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel equipped Super Duty and Excursion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Sat, February 6th, 2010, 09:07 PM
Spark Plug Inhibited

Jeremy is on a distinguished road

Your code is the VXBC9. I am sorry I cannot be of more help, this one is for Bill, and I know he is busy.

I was asking about how long the injectors buzz, because some of them keep buzzing after the WTS light goes out. The trucks that do that seem to start and run allot better if you wait and start them after the buzzing stops vs. the WTS light going out. A light grade of oil helps, like Rotella 10w30, Delo make a 10w30 now as well. I don't know if you’re running a 15w40 or not.

Also when you park the truck at night, cycle the key on and off a few times. By this I mean....With the truck off...turn the key on, let the injectors buzz, when they stop, turn the key off and then back on again let them buzz and so forth. Do this a few times. This should help to clear some of the oil out of the injectors, and from what I'm told help alleviate some of the stiction.

Give it a try while your waiting to hear back from Bill and please let me know if any of that helps.