Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Thu, February 25th, 2010, 02:35 PM
Whopper Junior

DocHolidaay is on a distinguished road
Default Can i get an Edge with performance program and NO chg to tranny??

I have had my Edge for a couple years and really liked the level 3 program - aside from the power gain i really liked how it made the tranny much more eager to shift/respond. I was pointed to this site and don't know too much about "custom" tunes.

Now, I just blew my transmission and the new one has heavier compononts and a "shift kit" in it. With stock tune it shifts similar to Edge 3 tune. Problem is, when i load Edge3 tune the shifts are way too firm, esp the 3-4 where it's like hitting a pothole thump ! Can a custom tune give me Edge3 power and no change to transmission ? (At the most i wouldn't mind being able to raise the shift points a few mph)
ps - I did try the custom tune3 and bump the shift firmness down to minus 25 on all gears and it's still too firm (hardly noticed a difference)
thanks in advance.