Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Everything Else > The Conversation Pit

The Conversation Pit This is where EVERYTHING else goes. No subject is too mundane. How's the weather in your area? Did your kid cut his first tooth? Really, what do you think about the President? And don't get me started on Cummins and Duramaxes. Have at it!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Sat, May 22nd, 2010, 09:10 PM
Baconator

BlackSTX is on a distinguished road
Default Wants to run!

I don't know if many of you have ran your trucks all out before, but I had an opportunity a while back to let it stretch its legs a bit and was really surprised.
We got stuck behind some sight seers and were running a bit late getting to the in-laws. I convinced my wife I could easily make up some time on the back roads but I guess the sunday drivers ahead of us thought the same thing too.
Anyway, when I had an open road ahead of me, and it was completely clear ahead, I nailed it and made my pass. I usually will let off a bit and watch my speed so as to not over indulge; and let off a touch this time too, but I couldn't resist it's willingness to keep going.
As I was about to look down as check my speed, my wife already had started to notice it; I was just hitting 110 mph and it still wanted to run. Here I was expecting to see 80-85. I guess I forgot it wasn't set at the stock limiter anymore.

Sure, I'm a bit curious to see where it could have gone if I stayed on it; especially since I know I had more room for the tach to climb, and a little bit of pedal under my foot. However, we all know what curiosity did to the cat -- and I'm not that curious anymore.

I guess what I'm trying to get at is how impressed I am with how well these trucks will run when you are have some steam. The 4.6L, for being a small motor will still get you up there, even if it can't get you started all that quick.

Current mods: AEM Bruteforce CAI, Magnaflow SI/DO, Gryphon-87 & 93 tunes, Harley head lamps, tinted windows, lower grille filler, and FX2 lower valance.