Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Sun, May 30th, 2010, 03:48 AM
Double Whopper

SDRANGER619 is on a distinguished road
Gryphon Acting Up

Hello again everyone,

With Bill's awesome technical help I was able to download my custom tunes to my programmer and programmed the truck.

After a couple days of use looks like I'm having a pretty significant problem. I will summarize as best I can so that maybe can help troubleshoot. (truck runs great by the way)

The unit intermittenly turns on and off; this happened only a few times. Tonight, as I was driving it turned off, when I arrived at my destination I unplugged the unit and pluged it back in. I got a "Connecting to bridge" message. The message was there for about a minute and then I received this error:

Sorry the image is so blurry, but I think you can read what it says
"The OBDII cable is not compatible with this Gryphon. Please call Tech Support to replace the cable."

After fumbling around with it a bit, I finally got it to work, but then the unit froze and when I unplugged, and plugged back in, I got the same "Connecting to bridge" message and then the error message about the cable.

I hope this isn't anything major, I have to switch to my #2 tune since I will be towing this Friday. Anyone have any ideas as to what the heck is going on?