Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Thu, September 2nd, 2010, 06:57 PM
Future PHP customer

richardhearn is on a distinguished road
Help evolution wont update :(

First off a little background and a story as to why im posting this here.
i bought an 04 f150 fx4 with a 5.4 about 2 months ago with a serious lifter noise, and that was promptly fixed within a week.

the truck has a "custom" cat back exhaust that consists of 3in pipe a little behind the ypipe to a si/do muffler (i think its a race type flowmaster but not sure) as far as i know all 4 cats are there and good but i guess they could be gutted since the truck is fairly loud but idk about that for sure.

last friday night i came across an edge evolution on craigslist and bought it on saturday with the intentions of using edge tunes for a few months while i decided what route i was going with on the truck as far as other performance stuff and then making the switch to php tunes. as soon as i put the edge on the truck i noticed that something wasnt right and it wasnt running any different and if it was it was actually worse. so i switched over to trans only and actully notice more of a positive change in power on that then on extreme perforance or tow perforance. edge customer service keeps telling me to update it but it wont even let me update it, on 3 different computers its not recognized. does any one have any idea before i call edge and get angry with them?

sorry for the essay but im real frustrated with trying to tune my truck at this point and if the edge stuff wont make it run any better at all im not goign to spend the money on different tunes just to find out that they wont work either.