Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford F-150, Expedition, Navigator, Blackwood, Mark-LT, SVT Lightning and H-D Editions > 2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT

2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT 4.2L, 4.6L and 5.4L equipped F-150s and Mark-LTs

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Tue, December 28th, 2010, 09:25 PM
Whopper

BLFX4K is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackandJanet View Post
Sorry, I can't even imagine what you are describing (and don't take that as a "put-down")! I've simply NEVER felt anything like that, EVER, in all my 54 years of driving. (Has it really been that long?)

This is something you really need to discuss with Bill, I think. Make sure he understands the shift is "normal" in the stock tune.

- Jack
I don't blame you it's kind of hard to describe :/

When it shifts above 1500 rpm it's like a slow hard shift into gear, like rough enough to make you think the tranny is failing or going to fall out. It doesn't move you physically but it can be felt through the pedal and the truck itself, I pay close attention to her to make sure she's running 100%.

I'll be driving and at 15mph it goes from 1-2 and it feels like it slams into gear. Not a smooth shift and not even a firm shift that is felt when you bump the firmness settings up.

Just leaving it stock for now and filed a ticket/claim on Friday. Hope to hear back soon