Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Fri, February 18th, 2011, 03:31 PM
Double Whopper

Jim Allen is on a distinguished road
Default Av MPG Readout vs Calculated

I'm sure most of you have noted that if you check mpg the old fashioned way, the average MPG readings on the Gryphon will be significantly higher than the calculated MPG from miles driven/gallons used. The F-150 is pretty easy to fill consistently but even when the the two values are recoded over a year and averaged separately, I show an average of 14.7 mpg using a g/mile calc vs 16.6 mpg from recording the screen average at every fillup (and reset each time). That's about a 11+ percent difference. Yes, my tire circumference is measured to the millimeter and loaded into the custom settings. My speed and odometer have been checked against mile markers, radar units and GPS and are accurate.

Comments? Other observations?