Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford F-150, Expedition, Navigator, Blackwood, Mark-LT, SVT Lightning and H-D Editions > 2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT

2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT 4.2L, 4.6L and 5.4L equipped F-150s and Mark-LTs

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Tue, March 24th, 2009, 06:01 PM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

Afrancis is on a distinguished road
Problem after installing Gryphon(nothing to do with the Gryphon itself)

So I got my Gryphon today and installed it, not I have a problem I need help/advice on. To give a little history, a few months back my 4x4 went out on my truck. It didnt have any of the problems with the grinding or anything, it just quit working. The 4x4 lights on the dash work fine, and I can tell it doesnt engage when I flip the switch, so I know its not a burnt out light. Now before I got the Gryphon i heard about the problem with the IWE solenoid where the water would get in it and mess it up. So I went ahead and bought a new kind of the solenoid and instaled it, but it didnt fix the problem. I assumed that when I got my Gryphon and hooked it up it would give me a DTC to tell me what was the problem, but to my surprise I went to check them today when I hooked it up and it said there was no codes to display. So now I have no clue as to what the problem could be, and no way to fiure it out. Can a diagonist(sp) at the dealer pick up anything that the Gryphon cant?