Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Fri, April 24th, 2009, 11:14 AM
Whopper

dchamberlain is on a distinguished road
Gryphon vs Edge on a stock truck

I looked at the FAQ's and read through all of the messages in this forum and I don't think I saw this discussed.

I have a 2004 F-250 with a 6.0L diesel and a ZF6 manual transmission. My driving patterns are about 49% highway with no load, 49% forest service roads and cow trail crawling, with no load, and 2 or 3 trips a year to my Mom's or somewhere else hauling a 3k pound Lance slide in camper, which I'd like to sell and upgrade to a small (~20ft) 5th wheel or bumper pull.

I have the Edge Evolution model EEF1200. Other than that, and the coolant filter, I have no other mods and I doubt I ever will. The truck stock moves everything I've ever asked of it without any difficulties, and I'm pretty happy with it's performance.

That being said, is their an advantage to the Gryphon's canned tunes vs the Edge's canned tunes, given that I have no mods. I might be interested in the fuel sipper custom tune, but I don't think I'd need any performance tunes or special towing tunes, unless the towing tunes got me better fuel economy without effecting my towing power.

Also, I live at 4300 feet and my forest service and cow trail crawling takes me up to 8000 or more sometimes. I don't know if that would have an effect on tuning.

The price of having my Edge updated to the Gryphon is attractive, to say the least. But I need to know if there is enough of an advantage, with a stock truck, to make it worthwhile.

Thanks,
David Chamberlain