Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Sun, July 12th, 2009, 08:05 PM
Canadian

tohi2care is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackandJanet View Post
It's not necessarily an "issue". You get this message if your tunes are not ready, so, that may be the simpler reason.

- Jack
Well both times I've recieved an e-mail telling me my tunes were ready this same problem happened.
Old Mon, July 13th, 2009, 08:59 AM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by tohi2care View Post
Well both times I've recieved an e-mail telling me my tunes were ready this same problem happened.
Sorry, I didn't know/remember that you were notified your tunes were ready. That changes everything!

Are you still waiting? I DID put up a note to Corey on the Moderator's forum but she's been busy on another project. I notice she hasn't acknowledged it.

- Jack
Old Mon, July 13th, 2009, 09:54 PM
Canadian

tohi2care is on a distinguished road

Yeah I'm still waiting but I was told Bill would be back in the shop Tuesday so I'll wait till then. And if nothing is resolved I guess I'll wait a little longer.

The last time this happened he had my serial number mixed up with somone elses but he changed it while on the phone from me and it worked. I'm sure it's a simple fix but it just seems to happen to alot of people (Invalid target file thing) I understand Bill and Corey are extremely overwhelmed with all thier work but I, nor anyone else should have to wait months on end for either a product/tune they have paid for. In my case I was a dumbass and forgot to tell the dealer to NOT FLASH MY ECU but Bill assured me I was going to be taken care of in a short period of time. So with thier medical problems and what not I did not bug them or get annoyed with the wait untill I recieved the e-mail informing me of my available tune download which did not work.

I've seen this alot in the retail industry where a company who is small and prides themselves on customer service and personal interaction suddenly becomes very popular. Now instead of just sticking with a small customer base they sell many many of thier product and cannot keep up with the demand of customers. I think PHP does it because they are genuinely trying to help everyone out and they are so popular because they sell a terrific product however the other reason is greed which I don't think is the case. There are pretty much a few things that can help and one is hiring people like Jack or Lars who actualy care about the product and could handle all your customers questions on the forum and in the shop itself but also have and or hiring someone who could help produce tunes for customers. I have no idea if anyone actually works along side Bill and Corey but I just came to a conclusion that it's just the two of them that make up PHP. Now this is IMO so take it for what it's worth but I hope something at least happens so they don't lose any customers.
Old Tue, July 14th, 2009, 10:25 AM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

OK, basically, you're right in the points you make. PHP is Bill and Corey, period. Bill does ALL the tuning, and you would not want anyone else attempting it, because they would not have his experience. Corey handles the ordering, mailing, customer service, web maintenance, etc, etc and so on. They DO care about us and about their product. It's not about greed, but, they DO try to satisfy a growing demand. The demand may become too great, ultimately, but for now, they seem to be getting on top of things - slowly.

Lars, Cody and I try to help out as much as we can, simply because we want to. But, there's actually very little we can do from our different locations. Once in a while, we can answer a question that fixes a problem and, we can alert Bill and Corey when something seems to have "gotten lost".

Hope this makes sense and thank you for being patient.

- Jack
Old Tue, July 14th, 2009, 01:13 PM
Whopper

ROB281 is on a distinguished road

be sure to hook up your gryphon & check for updates if your waiting I never did & there's no telling how long they sat there waiting for me to upload them

Last edited by ROB281; Tue, July 14th, 2009 at 02:31 PM.
Old Thu, July 16th, 2009, 09:34 AM
Whopper

TJ05FX4 is on a distinguished road

Damn goin on 2 weeks since I was supposed to be "next" on the list. I know Bill is busy and has been traveling, but any updates? Gettin anxious