Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Tue, September 22nd, 2009, 10:51 PM
?????

Jordanp252 is on a distinguished road
Default Gryphon issue

I noticed this weekend while taking a trip that when i set the cruise control between 65-70 the truck feels like it is accelerating on and off. It seems like every 30seconds to a minute you can hear the motor rev a little more kinda like im hitting the throttle. It only does this when i have the truck in lvl 1 or 2. I know jack and janet mentioned to me it may be the Torque converter unlocking but just putting it out here to get some responses and to see if there is some settings i can change to maybe fix this, I am about to drive 1000 miles this weekend and want to make sure truck is in good running order. Thanks!
Gryphon Programmer
Old Tue, September 22nd, 2009, 11:11 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Jordan?
If you can please fill out the rest of your info in the user cp.
It's missing the hex code.
Follow Jacks q+a at the top of this section begining to get it.

How many miles on the truck?

Lars

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Tue, September 22nd, 2009, 11:41 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Good to see you back up here Jordan!

Please do what Lars suggested. Your Hex code may be the source of your problems and, if so, Bill might have a quick fix.

It DOES sound like a TC problem, especially the way you explain it now and I don't think there's any way this will cause damage.

You might try going into Custom Options and changing the TC lock and unlock values by -10 for 4th gear. It won't hurt anything, even if it isn't right. What I'm trying to do is to suppress the tendency of the TC to unlock (then lock back up) while you're at cruise.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Thu, September 24th, 2009, 03:44 PM
?????

Jordanp252 is on a distinguished road

will do let me get the hex code off the programmer! I will try the TC change, to see if it does anyhting for me. Thanks the truck has 36,000 btw
Gryphon Programmer