Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Tue, December 15th, 2009, 11:12 AM
Whopper

Titan357 is on a distinguished road
Default What can I expect?

Hi, I just had payment confirmed, so I should get mine with in the next 4-5 days I hope!

Right now I have a 2006 F-150 5.4L 3V With a AEM intake, and a SI/DO muffler, besides that the truck is stock.

I paid for a 87 and a 93 Perf tune, and left the tow tune alone, thinking back I should have asked for a 93 fun and a 87 tow but Oh-well, the theory behind the 87/93 perf was that if I had to I could go back to 87 if money was tight and still have a custom tune for that.

How large of a difference am I going to notice with the stock tunes? I plan on running the tow tune, I was advised that it runs richer and if my truck was running lean that it would help even it back out, until I get the custom ones.

How much more power/MPG could I expect with the perf tunes?
Obviously with out raising the compression and lots of other things I cant get the full use of 93, but I should be able to tell between 87 and 93 perf right?

Thanks.

P.S

I was hoping for at least 20-30 HP/TQ gains with the stock tunes, but more with the custom ones, is that a realistic hope?
Old Tue, December 15th, 2009, 11:49 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Here's the numbers for a plain jane stock truck with a 5.4 3V. Custom tunes as follows.
87oct up to 25hp
93oct up to 35hp
Add in CAI maybe a little more hp.
I don't recall the numbers for the canned tunes.
Just remember everyone's truck is different and responds differently to custom tunes, just depends on your driving style and HEX code.
Remember these are trucks not mustangs!
The biggest bang for your buck is a supercharger! But they are expensive and you have to stick with 91+oct gas.

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Tue, December 15th, 2009, 11:59 AM
Whopper

Titan357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Racing View Post
Here's the numbers for a plain jane stock truck with a 5.4 3V. Custom tunes as follows.
87oct up to 25hp
93oct up to 35hp
Add in CAI maybe a little more hp.
I don't recall the numbers for the canned tunes.
Just remember everyone's truck is different and responds differently to custom tunes, just depends on your driving style and HEX code.
Remember these are trucks not mustangs!
The biggest bang for your buck is a supercharger! But they are expensive and you have to stick with 91+oct gas.

Thanks, you always seem to eb the first to respond to me, those seem like good numbers, would love to S/C it but I can't afford that.

If I can squeeze out 30HP and 30TQ, and 1-2MPG I will be happy, don't plan on racing it, but I am looking for a 3rd gen camaro as a play toy.

Throw in a 383 with a 800CFM Holly, now thats something I can work on easily and get some big power from, I was raised learning about cars with carbs and how to squeeze power from a SB chevy.
Old Tue, December 15th, 2009, 02:02 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan357 View Post
Thanks, you always seem to eb the first to respond to me, those seem like good numbers, would love to S/C it but I can't afford that.

If I can squeeze out 30HP and 30TQ, and 1-2MPG I will be happy, don't plan on racing it, but I am looking for a 3rd gen camaro as a play toy.

Throw in a 383 with a 800CFM Holly, now thats something I can work on easily and get some big power from, I was raised learning about cars with carbs and how to squeeze power from a SB chevy.
Like I said previously every driver and their truck is different.
You may get 10-15% better milage with the 91-93oct perf custom tune over the 87-89 perf custom but I've seen varied numbers.
Ford motors used to be my bread and butter and dodges were my hobby. This EFI stuff is something else to try and understand.
Take care.

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.