Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Sun, January 3rd, 2010, 04:01 PM
Hidden Valley

F150 Man 4Eva is on a distinguished road

I looked through the book again, and decided that I would do the math for the tire conversion just because thats how I am. I went and got the actual specs for my tires off of Nitto's website and its 35.04x13.39x18. Seems wide for a 35x12.50, but thats what it says the actual width is. I have punched in the numbers and did the math several times and it looks like I should be more around 2715 to 2720. Just curious, where did 2760 come from? Thanks, Travis
Old Mon, January 4th, 2010, 05:19 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

I've noticed Bill seems to use a "squish" value that is less than what I've found works for me. If the unloaded circumference is about 2793mm, I would actually try 2709mm, which corresponds to a 3% reduction due to "squish".

However, anything you try (and your numbers seem reasonable too) is just a starting place. Plug it in and see how close the Gryphon's speed reading is to a GPS or how close it is to driving a measured mile at a constant speed and dividing the time in seconds into 3600. Adjust as necessary to make the Gryphon match the GPS or computed speed. (The dash speedo usually reads about 3% faster than the actual speed, by the way).

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Mon, January 4th, 2010, 08:47 PM
Hidden Valley

Okay, sounds good. Thanks a lot. Another question. I read that when I first initially run a tune that I should not go in and customize any of the options. Since I don't have my custom tunes yet, I am currently running Tranny Only
(1). I chose no on the customize option. Now, when I go in with my custom tunes OR if I decide to change up and go to the Tow tune, if I chose yes for customize and set up my tire size, is that going to save it for every tuning level or just the current one that I have selected to run at that time? In other words, do I have to customize my tire size for each individual tune level?
Old Tue, January 5th, 2010, 09:16 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

You should only have to enter the tire size and gear ratio once. Then when you are going to load a new tune then select the option "Load Previous Settings" then those values will follow.
Its when people go into "Custom Options" menu and try to check their values that things get confusing.
Dial the value in and set it and use load previous settings each time.

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Tue, January 5th, 2010, 09:21 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Read through this:
http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/faqs-....html#post9248

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Tue, January 5th, 2010, 01:25 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

YES to what 88Racing said! There is only ONE "custom options file". There are no "individual" ones for each tune.

- Jack
Old Tue, January 5th, 2010, 04:38 PM
Hidden Valley

Awesome info! Thanks again!