Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Thu, April 2nd, 2009, 09:18 PM
Whopper

tg150 is on a distinguished road

Hello all..

I appologize for never mentioning the size of my previous 18" wheels and tires vs my 20" wheels..

the 18's were P275/65/R18
the 20"s are P275/55/R20

After i installed the Gryphon on level 2 i took my truck for a drive like Jack suggested "Before" going into my "Custom Options" and changing the TS and GR, which turned out to be a great idea. My trucks speedo was approx 1-2 miles faster than the gryphon so i figured i must have been right on from what i read. But i wanted more proof so i went home and got my Garmin gps and sure enough the MPH on the gps and the gryphon matched exactly. So come to find out there really is no difference between the oem 18" wheels and oem 20" wheels.

Overall i love my gryphon..i did notice and improvment in perfomance, quicker shifting and responce.. I cant wait to get my 87 performance tune.

I'd like to thank everyone that replied and helped me figure this out and hope this post helps others that might be wondering the same thing. TY..

Jack.. a special thank you to you for accepting my PM's and walking me through it step by step all day long. Your a great guy and i really appreciate it. TY..

Corey.. Ty for being so polite when i called and answering all my emails quickly.. I enjoyed all the goodies that came along with my Gryphon and it sure made my day

Thank you everyone..
-Tony

2004 Scab Lariat
Leveling Kit, 20"OEM's, Magnaflow SI/DO Exhaust, AirAid Jr Intake Kit, K&N Drop in, PHP Gryphon.

Last edited by tg150; Thu, April 2nd, 2009 at 09:31 PM.
Old Thu, April 2nd, 2009, 09:53 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Thank you Tony, you're quite welcome, and, thanks for posting your tire sizes, so I could find out something for sure (not that I doubted you Lars)!

Here's what I get for the two tires using Bill's super easy calculator in Pegasus:

No Squish - Stock: 2559mm, 20's: 2545mm (a 14mm difference - about 0.55 inches, just as Lars said)!

5% Squish - Stock: 2503mm, 20's: 2498mm (a 5mm difference - only 0.02 inches)

7% Squish - Stock: 2480mm, 20's: 2479mm (only 1mm difference - virtually identical - only 0.004 inches for those of us who are metrically challenged)!

As I've said in other posts, the 7% rubber squish seems right for me with my 275/65R18's inflated to the recommended 40 psi. That's why I recommend it as a starting point.

Tony did not set his tire size when he loaded his tune - he bypassed the Custom Options!, so, the tire size was a "stock value" taken from the PCM's VID area. Clearly, Ford allows for "squish" too. And, interestingly, when squish is factored in, the two very different tires cover virtually the same distance in each revolution!

Again, thanks Tony, for confirming your tire sizes so I could explain what happened (to myself at least). This is a pretty neat bit of data to add to the database!

- Jack
Old Thu, April 2nd, 2009, 10:44 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light
Thanks Jack for posting the info.
The aftenoon break was to short for me to put my pencil to the numbers and post them.
Someday I will get a laptop with an air card to do better posts instead of the blackberry.

Lars

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.