Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Tue, May 19th, 2009, 03:19 PM
Whopper

TJ05FX4 is on a distinguished road
Default Suggestion for PHP Regarding Custom Tune Lead Times??

I was just thinking about this the other day when I was trying to calculate or figure out when my custom tunes might be done. I have been waiting barely a month so I know its going to be quite some time longer, but this just kinda popped into my head when I was thinking about it.

I don't know if this would be feasable for Corey or Bill to do given all the programmers they work with, but I just wanted to throw it out there and see if it might trigger something or maybe help them out.

I was thinking a Sticky or something in each section letting people know the date at which they have completed custom tunes for. So say right now they can update it and say "Finished through February 10th" or whatever the date is. Then update accordingly as days are completed.

This would also help us as customers get a better idea of maybe when to expect it. If we can see the progression and how its working, then maybe you won't have so many questions or concerns about the wait times. I'm sure more than 80% of the emails and PM's you handle are wait time related, so even if it cut that down by 20-30% because we could just see how its progressing, then I think it would be worth it to PHP to do it.

Again just a thought and suggestion. I know that there is lots going on behind the scenes that none of us know about, so this may not be feasable, but I've been in the automotive aftermarket business for nearly 10 years and know this has worked for me in years past with large group buys or in any instance where a large quanitity of something is ordered. I remember selling Greddy turbo kits for Miatas and had nearly 80 orders worldwide for them. Greddy couldnt' make them fast enough, so I got on their forum, made a thread, and kept people updated so they knew roughly how far down the list they were and maybe when to expect it.

My apologies for making this kind of long winded, but I'm just as anxious as the next guy to get their custom tunes and having a little better idea than seeing people right now who have waited since late January, I think would be a good idea.

Any other thoughts or ideas to help out with this situation maybe?
Old Sat, May 23rd, 2009, 08:41 AM
Need the speed...

vhb is on a distinguished road
Big Plus 1 to this.

Sounds like a great idea here
Old Sat, May 23rd, 2009, 06:46 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

We are working out a way to incorporate that into the Pegasus software. I've got it mostly laid out now and just need to add the menus to handle it. Without getting into too much detail it would go something like this:

• Go to [Update] menu.
  • Click [Status].
  • The software will connect to the server and check the current invoice order as well as whether or not the currently stored serial number (retrieved when you first plug your unit into the software) has any new updates available. This way you won't need to remove the unit from the vehicle every time you need to see if the update is ready.
  • The current status information will be displayed.

I'll be working out the rest of this over the weekend and expect to have an update to Pegasus Tuesday or Wednesday.

Take care.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Sat, May 23rd, 2009, 06:53 PM
Devon

rednoved is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Hungry View Post
We are working out a way to incorporate that into the Pegasus software. I've got it mostly laid out now and just need to add the menus to handle it. Without getting into too much detail it would go something like this:

• Go to [Update] menu.
  • Click [Status].
  • The software will connect to the server and check the current invoice order as well as whether or not the currently stored serial number (retrieved when you first plug your unit into the software) has any new updates available. This way you won't need to remove the unit from the vehicle every time you need to see if the update is ready.

I'll be working out the rest of this over the weekend and expect to have an update to Pegasus Tuesday or Wednesday.

Take care.
Have you figured out how to get the software to work on a 64 bit system? :o
Old Sat, May 23rd, 2009, 07:10 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Somewhat. It's a bit of a workaround, but it should work.

The problem is this... The drivers are handled differently on a 64 bit OS and our software is not able to locate specific information in the registry. What I will end up doing is provide a means where the end user can specify a COM port and bypass the auto-detection routines. This should resolve the 64 bit issues. Of course, only time will tell on that one.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Sat, May 23rd, 2009, 07:20 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:

• Go to [Update] menu.
  • Click [Status].

Take care.
Holy everlovin' cow, Bill! That's BRILLIANT! Tell Corey to forget my suggestions - you've just trumped me by a mile.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Sun, May 24th, 2009, 12:09 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:

• Go to [Update] menu.
  • Click [Status].

Take care.
Man and I was going to be impressed when they were going to use pm's.

Lars

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Sun, May 24th, 2009, 11:12 AM
Devon

rednoved is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Somewhat. It's a bit of a workaround, but it should work.

The problem is this... The drivers are handled differently on a 64 bit OS and our software is not able to locate specific information in the registry. What I will end up doing is provide a means where the end user can specify a COM port and bypass the auto-detection routines. This should resolve the 64 bit issues. Of course, only time will tell on that one.
Sounds like a good plan! I'd prefer to have it on my main computer, but it's a 64 bit system. If it doesn't work out, I can always turn on the ole trusty 32 bit XP.
Old Sun, May 24th, 2009, 11:35 AM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

JWBFX4 is on a distinguished road

Sounds like a great plan that your are working out there Bill