Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Closed Thread

Old Tue, January 4th, 2011, 10:57 AM
Whopper

mkehler is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackandJanet View Post
OK, I'll try to get Bill's attention on this for both of you.

- Jack
Same here, I'm ticket #90. I'd really appreciate a status update (of any type). It looks like this is a common issue with a certain flash (possibly the first code V (flexfuel) engines?). Hopefully Bill can figure this out so that all the canned tunes work. I'm still using level1 - tow only; and would really like to use level2, thats one of the reasons why I choose this unit.

thank-you
Matt
Old Tue, January 4th, 2011, 11:12 AM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkehler View Post
Same here, I'm ticket #90. I'd really appreciate a status update (of any type). It looks like this is a common issue with a certain flash (possibly the first code V (flexfuel) engines?). Hopefully Bill can figure this out so that all the canned tunes work. I'm still using level1 - tow only; and would really like to use level2, thats one of the reasons why I choose this unit.

thank-you
Matt
Matt - please complete as much information as you can in your User Profile. Specifically, your engine's hex (calibration) code, your truck's Model Year, your phone number, Gryphon Serial Number, etc. Anything that might help Bill easily address your situation.

- Jack
Old Tue, January 4th, 2011, 11:14 AM
Scientist

BigSur will become famous soon enoughBigSur will become famous soon enough

Just to keep this thread going, please all continue to make updates regarding resolution of this issue. Seems that it is a common issue among quite a few of us. I've experienced the issue 2 or 3 times in the past 3 weeks, and again, I've already received an update. I will monitor progress with everyone before do anything else on my end.
Old Tue, January 4th, 2011, 11:29 AM
Whopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackandJanet View Post
Matt - please complete as much information as you can in your <a rel="nofollow" href="http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/profile.php?do=editprofile" target="blank">User Profile</a>. Specifically, your engine's hex (calibration) code, your truck's Model Year, your phone number, Gryphon Serial Number, etc. Anything that might help Bill easily address your situation.

- Jack
Hi Jack, thanks for the reply. I will update my profile here as requested. Just my 02 cents though, I deal with a 25,000 user environment in my line of work, and the one thing that we preach is only ONE area for each dataset/value. Once you start manually putting in the same information in different areas, the data is considered useless as it may not be accurate. If one thing changes, you (the user) have to go back to multiple areas to update it. And the service person (PHP in this case) doesn't know which data is accurate or which source they should use. So we preach that data should not be manually replicated anywhere, ever. And everyone knows the ONE area where data should be updated. In this example, Bill/PHP would know that he can ALWAYS count on the information in the ticket, as the info he finds elsewhere may not be accurate. For a smaller company or user base this is not as big of a problem, but as you grow, it will become completely unmanagable.

Just my 02 cents... regardless of that, I would be happy to update my profile here as well if that is helpfull to PHP, and will do so shortly.

thanks
Matt

EDIT: profile updated jan4/2011 11:30CST
Old Tue, January 4th, 2011, 11:54 AM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

Thanks for updating that. The profile is usually the first place us moderators look because many people fill that in when they first join. I would consider that to be more accurate because while filling out a service ticket the user would probably be more stressed and more prone to errors. The profile is also a good refrence when things dont seem to add up. One example would be is a 5.6L engine with the hex code of OKDG1A6. Obviously there was a single number error somewhere in the engine size but that is for sure a 4.6L because of the first part of the HEX code. Sometimes, like you said, things get typed in wrong but it helps to have something to look back on.
Old Thu, January 6th, 2011, 10:34 AM
Whopper

How often do the 'canned tunes' typically get updated? Have they been the same for years, or are they constantly being tweaked? How do I know if I have the latest canned tunes? I assume I compare the version/software # on my Gryphon, but what is the current version available?

thanks
Matt
Old Thu, January 6th, 2011, 10:42 AM
Forum Predator

They get very minor tweaks ever so often. Probably wouldn't hurt to plug the programmer into the computer and check for updates.
Old Thu, January 6th, 2011, 10:44 AM
Scientist

BigSur will become famous soon enoughBigSur will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longshot270 View Post
They get very minor tweaks ever so often. Probably wouldn't hurt to plug the programmer into the computer and check for updates.
So we can just do a full update through the Update Manager....then go back to Targeted Functions to restore custom tunes....correct?
Old Thu, January 6th, 2011, 10:47 AM
Whopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longshot270 View Post
Pefect, just was I was looking for.

Also, anything if I need to know if I change my PC I use to update? I had installed Pegasus on my laptop and when I created my trouble ticket, I noticed it stores the 'computer name' in the ticket. I will be using my new PC from now on, so i will have to install Pegasus on that. Will I need to update the computer name on my open ticket?

thanks
Matt
Old Thu, January 6th, 2011, 10:50 AM
Forum Predator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSur View Post
So we can just do a full update through the Update Manager....then go back to Targeted Functions to restore custom tunes....correct?
For the monochrome gyphons, yes.

For the CS and CTS gryphons, not without being instructed by Bill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkehler View Post
Pefect, just was I was looking for.

Also, anything if I need to know if I change my PC I use to update? I had installed Pegasus on my laptop and when I created my trouble ticket, I noticed it stores the 'computer name' in the ticket. I will be using my new PC from now on, so i will have to install Pegasus on that. Will I need to update the computer name on my open ticket?

thanks
Matt
That'll work. Just make sure that you update pegasus when you install it onto the new computer. I think the link on the website is an older version.
And yes, update the computer name and any other relevant information on the open ticket.