Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford F-150, Expedition, Navigator, Blackwood, Mark-LT, SVT Lightning and H-D Editions > 2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT

2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT 4.2L, 4.6L and 5.4L equipped F-150s and Mark-LTs

Old Thu, March 5th, 2009, 11:31 AM
Double Whopper

Buckeyes903 is on a distinguished road

Sounds good to me.
Old Thu, March 5th, 2009, 09:43 PM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

jimmyv13 is on a distinguished road

Would this need to be noted on a Gryphon order form?
Old Thu, March 5th, 2009, 09:52 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

You could... Always nice to know what's on the truck. I don't think it's absolutely necessary, though.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Thu, March 5th, 2009, 10:00 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Hungry View Post
Don't bother with the battery. There's really no reason to mess with it when doing the snorkel mod. All that's really happening is that the modest restriction is being alleviated allowing a little more flow at higher RPM. However, this mod DOES NOT AFFECT the Mass Airflow Sensor and doesn't significantly change AFR like a CAI does. The MAF sensor still accurately reflects the airflow into the engine and the computer handles everything from there.
Thank you Bill - That's good to know. I sort of thought the same thing, but I remembered some posts over on f150online that recommended disconnecting the battery, so, I did it too.

They've asked me to post this mod over there in their "how to" forum and I will, after cleaning it up a bit. I'll add this bit of information from you too.

- Jack
Old Fri, March 6th, 2009, 04:00 PM
Not a Whopper

kd4crs is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackandJanet View Post

They've asked me to post this mod over there in their "how to" forum and I will, after cleaning it up a bit. I'll add this bit of information from you too.

- Jack
Now that is funny. I am the one who originally posted this mod over there and it caused so much controversy and fighting that I had to ask RockPick to delete the whole thread for the good of the site.

EDIT to add: I am referring only to my specific variation of this type of mod for the 5.4L 3valve motor which I designed and tested in Sept. 2005. That is when I posted about it and got jumped by all the cheerleaders for the various vendors and users of commercial CAIs.

Last edited by kd4crs; Sat, March 7th, 2009 at 09:51 AM. Reason: Clarification.
Old Fri, March 6th, 2009, 08:57 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Fate is fickle and cruel.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Sat, March 7th, 2009, 10:38 AM
PHP Groupie

Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

It is indeed, fickle, kd4crs. I would have been happy to credit your input there too, like I tried to do here, but I don't know if you used the same screen name (I suppose I COULD have searched, but oh, well). Actually, I was in a hurry to get the post up because Rockpick threatened to change my user title to: "I wear a thong" if I didn't. (I'm not kidding)! :o

That's a funny forum though. It seems to attract a few souls who have nothing better to do than to put down anybody and anything. I'm beginning to see it again over "Use the search button!" on FNGs. Too bad, there's some good, knowledgeable people on it and we would benefit if the less tolerant would just remain quiet.

- Jack

Last edited by Jackpine; Sat, March 7th, 2009 at 11:07 PM. Reason: Toned down my language in the last sentence.
Old Sat, March 7th, 2009, 08:24 PM
Not a Whopper

I used the same screen name. I would appreciate it if you could at least give me credit for the variation that I contributed. Thanks.
Old Sat, March 7th, 2009, 10:51 PM
PHP Groupie

Done, David -

If you'll go to this thread, in the permanent "How To" forum of f150online, you'll see I've provided a link to the FAQ post here, and, you'll notice I "chided" the members there for not being more receptive to you. It's post #4 in the thread right now and should not get lost with the passage of time like the more ephemeral threads.

http://www.f150online.com/forums/art...ml#post3624441

- Jack
Old Sun, March 8th, 2009, 08:30 AM
Not a Whopper

Thank you very much, Jack. I do appreciate it.

Tags
dwv intake mod