Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Mon, March 30th, 2009, 11:06 AM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

jimmyv13 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by way2qk4u2c View Post
I dont care for dual climate zones...if my girl is cold it just means she needs to put more clothes on- and if she is hot then she needs to start taking clothes off lol

I have a remote starter on mine- you should put one on lol easy mod to put in.

tow capacity- doesnt matter to me to much lol- i only tow 2 bikes total of 800 pounds.

Chevy just looks very ugly lol
The remote start will be something I do at a later date. How would I go about adding it to the stock system...or should I just get a completely aftermarket system with a remote start and an alarm? I haven't done much research with that project...

Towing is a big deal to me as this truck tows my sleds and will tow a boat this summer.
Old Mon, March 30th, 2009, 11:24 AM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Jimmy, your truck looks very close to mine. (I DO have the "factory" tow package with 3.73 gears and a transmission cooler).

I got the 150 exactly because I needed something to pull our 3600# trailer up over the high mountain passes in Colorado, where we like to go in the summer. I can tell you, it handles this task with ease. I pass every other RV and truck on the road. I have no trouble at all maintaining 65 mph (which is as fast as I like to go while towing) up any of those slopes.

I also have no trouble getting around someone on a 2-lane road while towing. The passing performance is very respectable.

I can't imagine you'll have any difficulty pulling sleds or a boat (unless the boat is one of those 6-tonners I saw up in Blue Mesa Lake last summer).

- Jack
Old Mon, March 30th, 2009, 11:31 AM
Ford F150 FX4

way2qk4u2c is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyv13 View Post
The remote start will be something I do at a later date. How would I go about adding it to the stock system...or should I just get a completely aftermarket system with a remote start and an alarm? I haven't done much research with that project...

Towing is a big deal to me as this truck tows my sleds and will tow a boat this summer.
I went with aftermarket - way more features
I have the viper 5901 R/S and alarm

First it has long range, tells you remaining time left while its started, you can request temperature inside of the cabin before you get in it, easily hook it up to your defroster n heated seats to turn on anytime below 55 degrees (neat feature) notifies you of any break ins or alarm going off.

Yeah towing would be a factor for you- maybe in the future i might have sleds and possible boat but for now i dont lol.

When i do get those things i might buy a 250 lol
Old Mon, March 30th, 2009, 01:17 PM
Whopper Junior

TritonTime is on a distinguished road

JIMMYV13 - you said in a previous post that level 1 was still named "Transmission only tune".....was it really your custom tune?
Old Mon, March 30th, 2009, 01:22 PM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

jimmyv13 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TritonTime View Post
JIMMYV13 - you said in a previous post that level 1 was still named "Transmission only tune".....was it really your custom tune?
Yes, it's still called tranny only, but it's DEFINITELY not the canned tranny tune. The truck is definitely a different animal, none of which I had seen with any of the canned tunes previously tried with the Edge programmer.

There's probably something with my older Edge that doesn't allow Bill to change the name of the tune, only the contents. Fine by me...I couldn't care less about the name of the tune as long as it's the right tune.