Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Sat, July 25th, 2009, 05:02 PM
Double Whopper

not you is on a distinguished road

Well you make it sound easy . I was hoping for a better mpg from you than that but i will take what i can get. thanks alot for your help and patience with me. you are now my go to guy for info.you make it easy for me to understand. I cant wait to get it Im going to jersey in two weeks and want to see the mpg on the trip it gets about 15 to 17 at 75 80. butt this time Im keeping it at 70 and with the Grython I love 1 to 3 mpg gains but we will see thanks again it means alot Shawn
Old Sat, July 25th, 2009, 07:53 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by not you View Post
Well you make it sound easy . I was hoping for a better mpg from you than that but i will take what i can get. thanks alot for your help and patience with me. you are now my go to guy for info.you make it easy for me to understand. I cant wait to get it Im going to jersey in two weeks and want to see the mpg on the trip it gets about 15 to 17 at 75 80. butt this time Im keeping it at 70 and with the Grython I love 1 to 3 mpg gains but we will see thanks again it means alot Shawn
It really is easy Shawn, but remember, you're not driving an economy car. That big V8 is having to drink a lot of gas just to fill the cylinders properly. And, you need that big V8 to move all that iron - these are not "light weight" trucks.

You're actually getting pretty good gas mileage already. I get about 15.5 at 70-75 with my 4x4 Screw, and it's carrying a 200#+ bed cap. I can get 16.5 mpg at around 65 mph.

There's no way though, that you're going to get more than about a 2mpg increase. The laws of physics are against you here.

- Jack
Old Sat, July 25th, 2009, 08:33 PM
Double Whopper

Ok i guess thats one way to let me down easy. i also drive a screw and also have a 200 pound cap (mines white thow) I read just about all these threads and alot bost 19 to 21 mpgs butt can i atleast spin some tires on a dry day or you going to hurt my feeilngs again Shawn
Old Sat, July 25th, 2009, 09:10 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by not you View Post
Ok i guess thats one way to let me down easy. i also drive a screw and also have a 200 pound cap (mines white thow) I read just about all these threads and alot bost 19 to 21 mpgs butt can i atleast spin some tires on a dry day or you going to hurt my feeilngs again Shawn
I think you CAN spin the tires, but I've never tried - I'm an old man! I know if I pass someone on a 2-lane highway at WOT I get a belt squeak in an upshift. That's pretty good in my book.

Some of the people getting "great" mileage are driving fairly light versions of this truck with much lower gear ratios. And, I'm not sure they all even know how to calculate gas mileage properly. The ONLY way to do it is to have an accurate odometer and divide miles driven by gallons inserted at fillup. If the odometer is wrong, due to incorrect tire size, the mpg figure will be a lie. If the mpg is taken from the estimate on the Gryphon, there are a number of factors that can make it inaccurate. Things like consistent headwinds, tailwinds, and temperature can make a huge difference. Even brands of gas seem to have an effect.

Hope I'm not being TOO disappointing!

- Jsck
Old Sat, July 25th, 2009, 09:21 PM
Double Whopper

No not at all you are telling it like it is in your eyes and boy you throw all the factors in (head wind type of gas and so on )that way there is no confution and thats what i like straight foward no bs . thanks again i think you answered all my questions. So when i get the gryphon i will be informed if not look for my thread i will post and sit and wait for the answers thanks for all the help today Shawn
Old Sun, July 26th, 2009, 07:15 AM
Double Whopper

Circuit is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackandJanet View Post
Sounds to me like you should get an 87 performance tune instead of an 87 tow. What I'd do is put the 87 performance on Level 1, Leave Level 2 alone as the canned tow tune and replace Level 3 with your 93 performance tune.

- Jack
That is exactly what I did.
I did so much research on programmers now I can't wait to get it!

In my '04 SCAB 6.5' bed with a 4.6 doing the calculation myself as said above I get 17-18 now driving medium (I am not too hard but not slow either). I get 1000 kms per tank. I do have the big tank.

Our F-150's are full size trucks. My daily driver gets 4-6 mpg. It's a tri-axle dump truck with a pup hauling 37 tons.

Current: In bed lighting, K&N Drop-in, Gott's intake mod, Gryphon custom tuned
Future: Exhaust (next), UDP, eFans

Last edited by Circuit; Sun, July 26th, 2009 at 07:29 AM. Reason: added milage