Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Tue, March 24th, 2009, 10:58 AM
Whopper

jerzpilot is on a distinguished road

thanks Jack
Old Wed, March 25th, 2009, 02:34 PM
Bacon King

mmandley is on a distinguished road

Jerzpilot glad your liking the JLT and Gryphon i been watching your threads to see hows it going so i know what to expect. Looks like your the ghinny pig here and hopefully when i get my Gryphon on Friday it will all go in smoothly. i will have to wait for my custom tunes but that's ok.

Also i want to toss a shout to Jack i hear your from Tucson? Thats were i grew up man. Mom lives near Speedway and Kolb on the est side of the wash and i used to live all over but most recently Grant and Alvernon is a little house while i was in school before i moved to OR.

08 F350 Crew Cab Lariat Edition 4x4 6.4L Twin Turbo Diesel
Old Wed, March 25th, 2009, 03:18 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
Jerzpilot glad your liking the JLT and Gryphon i been watching your threads to see hows it going so i know what to expect. Looks like your the ghinny pig here and hopefully when i get my Gryphon on Friday it will all go in smoothly. i will have to wait for my custom tunes but that's ok.

Also i want to toss a shout to Jack i hear your from Tucson? Thats were i grew up man. Mom lives near Speedway and Kolb on the est side of the wash and i used to live all over but most recently Grant and Alvernon is a little house while i was in school before i moved to OR.
Small world, eh? We're further east, out near Tanque Verde Rd and Houghton.

- Jack
Old Wed, March 25th, 2009, 05:05 PM
Bacon King

Yea thats pretty fare east but nice properties out there. I used to work for Cox Cable while i was in college and i used to work only the East side. I was there back when we were launching the fiber lines and i used to do primary high speed internet stuff.

Love it out there. But i cant say i miss the 90+ days off 100 degrees every summer lol

Old Thu, March 26th, 2009, 04:40 AM
Whopper

jerzpilot is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE=mmandley;6558]Jerzpilot glad your liking the JLT and Gryphon i been watching your threads to see hows it going so i know what to expect. Looks like your the ghinny pig here and hopefully when i get my Gryphon on Friday it will all go in smoothly. i will have to wait for my custom tunes but that's

I love the intake, it does make some noise when you step on it but it's not bad. Bill installed my intake and the programer as we test drove it he commented to me that this intake was not as loud as S&B and Volant. Like Bill said maybe because the tube is not long the sound waves dont generate as much and having a bigger filter is another advantge. Many people have commented that type of filter suck in a lot of hot air, well I have been monitoring the IAT temp. and is about 2 deg. hotter than ambient air at most. Another cool feauture is that it can be used with a workable ram air hood scoop to keep the temperature equal to ambient air, however the only draw back to that ofcourse is incliment weather but with a temporary cover that can be resolved. I defenately felt an increase in power after those two mods. but since the jlt and the gryphon were installed the same time I don't know how much performance was given by the intake thru the seat of the pants dyno. My recommendation is to use the programer with this cai and if you plan to install an exhaust after the tunes than you should have it retune because your A/F ratio will be more lean if a less restrictive muffler is used. I hope this info is useful and good luck.
Old Fri, March 27th, 2009, 04:53 PM
Bacon King

Sounds good man. I dont think my truck needs to be any louder. I already have a flowmaster with duel pipes and 4 inch outlets on it that make it pretty loud. My GF says i cant sneak up on anyone in that truck now you can hear me coming all the way down my street.

I did send info to Bill and Corey that i have the JLT and Flowmaster cat back exhaust so im hopping that's in the custom tune i want.