Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Phoenix Switch-On-The-Fly Chip (DISCOUNTINUED)

Phoenix Switch-On-The-Fly Chip (DISCOUNTINUED) Power Hungry no longer sells the Phoenix/TS chip, but if you need custom tuning we can recommend
a few really good tuners that will be able to still provide tuning and support for your chip.

If you have any other questions or comments about the Phoenix/TS chip, please post it here.

Old Thu, April 26th, 2012, 08:04 PM
Whopper

perrystroke is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by INFRNL View Post
Thats weird; I talked to Bill on 2 different occasions this morning to ask questions. I talked to him between 11-12 their time. Only took 2-3 callbacks in a row.

I did get confirmation from Bill that they are out of chips and should be getting more within the next few days. He is supposed to cal TS to see what's going on.

I can understand your frustration but hang in there. If I don't get an answer I call back immediately. Usually a few times of that has worked. I have not been getting the attendant either, just ring. 5 or so rings and I hang up and try again
what number r u dialing. because when i call it rings 4 times then "thank you for calling power hungry preformance.... blah blah blah" and then i hang up and call back in like 10 mins. i have been doing that everyday for the last past week. Today i called at 12:30 - 1:15 non stop. i would call and if i got the message, hang up call again... so i did a total of 45 mins of non stop one call after another. I felt like a stalker. I looked at my phone after that 45 mins and it said i made 251 calls to that number and i just had to laugh. i never got through to anyone hahhahaha. its killing me not being able to talk to anyone.

ps. does anyone know why the early 99 7.3L wont idle on lope tune?
Old Thu, April 26th, 2012, 08:07 PM
Whopper

Quote:
Thats weird; I talked to Bill on 2 different occasions this morning to ask questions. I talked to him between 11-12 their time. Only took 2-3 callbacks in a row.

I did get confirmation from Bill that they are out of chips and should be getting more within the next few days. He is supposed to cal TS to see what's going on.

I can understand your frustration but hang in there. If I don't get an answer I call back immediately. Usually a few times of that has worked. I have not been getting the attendant either, just ring. 5 or so rings and I hang up and try again
what number r u dialing. because when i call it rings 4 times then "thank you for calling power hungry preformance.... blah blah blah" and then i hang up and call back in like 10 mins. i have been doing that everyday for the last past week. Today i called at 12:30 - 1:15 non stop. i would call and if i got the message, hang up call again... so i did a total of 45 mins of non stop one call after another. I felt like a stalker. I looked at my phone after that 45 mins and it said i made 251 calls to that number and i just had to laugh. i never got through to anyone hahhahaha. its killing me not being able to talk to anyone.

Old Thu, April 26th, 2012, 08:45 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by perrystroke View Post
What are you talking about?

It will lope just fine and be stupid all day long. It's a pointless calibration that simply attracts attention and it wouldn't hurt my feelings if it were to go the way of the Smokeshow tune.
Old Thu, April 26th, 2012, 10:43 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Quote:
got a early 99 7.3L and they say i cant run a 120 race because of injectors and turbo. but does it really batter. well it mess up anything? and what does wisper mode do to make it quite?
As already stated, an engine's output is going to be limited by the size of the injectors and the turbo. Pushing injectors beyond their capacity is not productive, and in many cases can actually cause the engine to run worse due to certain characteristics of the HEUI injection system and the IDM (Injection Driver Module) output waveforms. I could sell you a 200 HP tune, but it's not going to make 200 HP no matter how much you want it to. We have limits on the power outputs for most vehicles to accurately match the acceptable power output levels for the installed components. On 2002 and 2003 trucks, we have power output restrictions to prevent the engines from being damaged due to connecting rod failure.

So it comes down to this... Feel free to order what you like, but be aware that if you have an early 99 and order a 120 HP tune, DO NOT expect 120 HP. It's just not possible given the configuration.

Quote:

Here's the thing. From 9-12 we now have two people answering phones. From 12:30 to 3:00 there is one person. Our phones ring pretty constant and when it rings we pick up. Some calls may take 5 minutes, other calls may take over an hour. According to Vonage logs, MY average call times just for today were 32 minutes with my longest call being 67 minutes. Obviously, I can't answer two calls at once so sometimes it's difficult to get through.

We've suggested to customers that need to speak to us to please e-mail us with your name, number and convenient time-frame to call back and we will call you back as quickly as possible.

For reference, "psycho" calling every 30 seconds is really irritating and doesn't make me or anyone else hang up the phone on someone any faster. When I'm on the phone with you, you wouldn't want to be interrupted or have me rush you off the phone to grab another call. Please use some courtesy when calling or please e-mail us with a time we can call you back. Most calls are returned after 6:00 pm ET, but other times can be arranged if necessary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleatus12r View Post
What are you talking about?

It will lope just fine and be stupid all day long. It's a pointless calibration that simply attracts attention and it wouldn't hurt my feelings if it were to go the way of the Smokeshow tune.
I know, Cody. Corey would like them to go away, too. It might at some point. I just don't know yet. At least it's not as bad as the SmokeShow program was. That was such a waste of fuel and gave trucks a horrible image and reputation.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Thu, April 26th, 2012, 11:36 PM
Double Whopper

INFRNL is on a distinguished road

Quote:

The only one that I know of: OFFICE: 678-890-1110

Bills explanation clears things up a bit.
Nexus Guages (TT,FP,BP,EGT), 4"MBRP Exhaust. Coolant filtration system,203*stat and billet housing, AIH delete, HP X-Over line. (Baldwin PA2818) Bellowed up-pipes; TN Turbo(non-BB), BTS VB, In-Tank mods. RR FRx & Boots. 6.0Tranny Cooler
Old Fri, April 27th, 2012, 08:56 PM
Whopper

I got bill to answer today. i had a million questions i was going to ask him for the last past week and wouldnt you know it when i got on the phone with him. i forgot everything i was going to ask hahhahahha. bill your a great guy and i was probley one of them crazy callers. you answered everything i asked of you. i look forward to having one of your chips installed. cant wait ! hahahhaa. like i said today on the phone with you today. the only downfall is me selling off my edge to buy your chip. and im going crazy and am really pissed driving my truck around..... i swear i saw a snail pass me today going down the highway
Old Fri, April 27th, 2012, 11:08 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Quote:
im going crazy and am really pissed driving my truck around..... i swear i saw a snail pass me today going down the highway

If you come up with any other questions, please be sure to post them. Even if I don't get to them, someone may be likely to be able to help.

Take care.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Sat, April 28th, 2012, 12:19 AM
Double Whopper

Quote:
I got bill to answer today. i had a million questions i was going to ask him for the last past week and wouldnt you know it when i got on the phone with him. i forgot everything i was going to ask hahhahahha. bill your a great guy and i was probley one of them crazy callers. you answered everything i asked of you. i look forward to having one of your chips installed. cant wait ! hahahhaa. like i said today on the phone with you today. the only downfall is me selling off my edge to buy your chip. and im going crazy and am really pissed driving my truck around..... i swear i saw a snail pass me today going down the highway
I'm glad you finally got through
I know what you mean about forgetting what you want to ask. The first time I talked to Bill, I started forgetting because I was worried about not getting to ask everything I wanted. I had to call back to ask a few more questions and still forgot one.
I ended up emailing last night so he would have it in his inbox today...and he responds back. This was at approx 1:00am his time

I understand they are very busy and it can be hard to get through, etc, etc, but I have so far had a great experience and can't wait for my FU to arrive. Not sure how long it will be, but I still have my DP to hold me until it arrives.
Nexus Guages (TT,FP,BP,EGT), 4"MBRP Exhaust. Coolant filtration system,203*stat and billet housing, AIH delete, HP X-Over line. (Baldwin PA2818) Bellowed up-pipes; TN Turbo(non-BB), BTS VB, In-Tank mods. RR FRx & Boots. 6.0Tranny Cooler
Old Sun, April 29th, 2012, 12:09 AM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

dietoremain is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I'm glad you finally got through
I know what you mean about forgetting what you want to ask. The first time I talked to Bill, I started forgetting because I was worried about not getting to ask everything I wanted. I had to call back to ask a few more questions and still forgot one.
I ended up emailing last night so he would have it in his inbox today...and he responds back. This was at approx 1:00am his time

I understand they are very busy and it can be hard to get through, etc, etc, but I have so far had a great experience and can't wait for my FU to arrive. Not sure how long it will be, but I still have my DP to hold me until it arrives.
You are going to be amazed how much more driveable bills tunes are compared to ... those.
Autometer gauges
WW/ATS 1.0 exhaust housing
Hutch/Harpoon in tank mods/hpX line
AIH delete/ebpv delete
TruCool trans cooler
Straight piped
PHP FU
Old Sun, April 29th, 2012, 02:59 PM
Double Whopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dietoremain View Post
You are going to be amazed how much more driveable bills tunes are compared to ... those.
Thanks, I am hoping for noticeable improvements. I have noticed DP seems a bit touchy. Never thought about it till I started researching ts style chips. I've had 4 yrs now, time for a change/ improvements

I am excited and can't wait. Next step will be stage 1 sticks and possibly t500

Tags
early 99 help