Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Closed Thread

Old Fri, May 7th, 2010, 09:14 PM
Whopper

LongIslandSCREW is on a distinguished road

Hex is in - all updates done - guess I didnt realize I had it set up already - no change in status from above messages.
Old Sat, May 8th, 2010, 05:23 PM
Whopper

Ideal150 is on a distinguished road
Default rough idle and accel.

Hey yall just wanted to see the outcome of this. I had heard about it before on other posts and have been experiencing the same issue with mine when im on 91 perf. I dont get it in stock or 87 perf. 06 fx4 5.4, 70xxx thanks in advance for the help!

2.5 HBS Level Kit, Magnaflow SI/DO, PHP Gryphon, AEM BruteForce
Old Sat, May 8th, 2010, 11:00 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongIslandSCREW View Post
Hex is in - all updates done - guess I didnt realize I had it set up already - no change in status from above messages.
Your hex is supposed to go here also.
http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/membe...landscrew.html

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Sat, May 8th, 2010, 11:03 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ideal150 View Post
Hey yall just wanted to see the outcome of this. I had heard about it before on other posts and have been experiencing the same issue with mine when im on 91 perf. I dont get it in stock or 87 perf. 06 fx4 5.4, 70xxx thanks in advance for the help!
Good job!
I see your user cp is up to date!
http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/members/ideal150.html

Old Thu, May 13th, 2010, 05:02 PM
Whopper

Ideal150 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Racing View Post
Good job!
I see your user cp is up to date!
http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/members/ideal150.html

Yes sir! Any update or idea on what could be the issue?

2.5 HBS Level Kit, Magnaflow SI/DO, PHP Gryphon, AEM BruteForce
Old Thu, May 27th, 2010, 09:52 PM
Whopper

Hey All, this is still an issue for me. Ive run a couple tanks of gas (93 octane of course) at various speeds and drive times and its still pretty bad - I figured it would eventually work it out - Wednesday morning while stuck in traffic on the long island expressway the sputtering actually had my truck bucking while i was just touching the gas, it felt almost as if my truck was a stick and i wasnt giving it enough gas. I am also noticing that from a rolling start (under 25 mph) the sputtering occurs on light acceleration up to almost 2200 RPMS. I cant drive my truck stock anymore so if anyone knows what the problem could be please keep me posted!

Thanks so much!

Side note: My buddy suggested that it could be the transmission settings on the canned tune - he said something like maybe its too much pump pressure at a low idle? Does that make sense to anyone?
Old Fri, May 28th, 2010, 07:50 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

LongIslandSCREW,
I'll post a note on the moderators board for Bill to look at this.
Thanx for completely the info in your user cp. I and PHP appreciate it.
Peace!

Old Fri, May 28th, 2010, 10:47 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Pete,

I have an updated file for you to download. There is a small change to the Open Loop transition that should help eliminate any tip-in stumble.

Mark,

I will have to take a closer look at the canned tunes for you calibration and see what I can come up on that. I am going to assume that the symptoms and cause are similarly caused by an Open Loop transition problem.

I don't think these issues are caused by line pressure problems because we add little, if any, pressure at light throttle and all pressures are progressively controlled by throttle position and load. The more throttle and load, the more pressure is applied to the clutches.

Keep me posted.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Fri, May 28th, 2010, 05:06 PM
Whopper

Thanks 88 and thanks Bill - I appreciate it! I cant go back to stock HA HA HA HA HA !!!

Bill, I am home most of the time - work out of my house. If you have seen this issue enough and would like (and its possible) I could always hook my laptop up to the programmer and take a drive while you watch and try to diagnose. I have a verizon wireless card in my laptop so mobile isnt an issue.

Rarely do i opt to drive slow so its an issue but its really not. Problem is where I live - there is always traffic!!!!
Old Fri, June 4th, 2010, 08:21 PM
Canadian

tohi2care is on a distinguished road

I have been experiencing the shuddering aswell. It feels like the truck is misfiring and if I turn the engine off and restart it the problem goes away. I'm going to plug my gryphon into pegasus tonight since it's been awhile and see if there are any updates.