Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford Super Duty & Excursion > 1999 to 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel

1999 to 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel equipped Super Duty and Excursion

Old Thu, October 7th, 2010, 09:30 AM
DIY Man

Probuilder is on a distinguished road

Ok so you are saying that it maybe the compression and not the injector? Even though the buzz is very dull in sound, on the buzz test?
I will try to find someone that has a compression tester for these trucks.
I have just about had it with this truck, I am looking for a 7.3L that is newer so that I get more info from the scanner, than I do with the E99 systems.

I have a '99 F 250 7.3L Diesel w/ a 6 speed Tranny and 4x4.
Mods: Amsoil dual bypass oil filters, Amsoil air intake mod DIY, fuel preasure spring mod(70psi), FU Chip and Burner , 3.73 rear gears, leveling kit (DIY), Stabilizer bars on the rear axle (DIY).
'02 F 350 7.3L, 6spd,4x4,CC, Dually- Just bought 4-15-11
Old Tue, October 19th, 2010, 11:27 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Is this resolved?

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Thu, October 21st, 2010, 06:50 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

I had left a bit of a resolution on the service ticket that Troy started, but have yet to hear back about it. If you can leave this thread open for a bit, I'd like to hear back from him myself.
Old Sat, October 30th, 2010, 08:39 AM
DIY Man

Cody,
I have replaced the #7 and #8 injectors, but to no avail, I still have the problem. It don't seem to be as prominent, but still has the miss. I am in the process of going back through every check that everyone suggested prior to replacing the injectors. Does anyone know what this motor should have for compression, and what is acceptable?
I am about ready to buy a bow tie, if I cant figure this out.

Mods: Amsoil dual bypass oil filters, Amsoil air intake mod DIY, fuel preasure spring mod(70psi), FU Chip and Burner , 3.73 rear gears, leveling kit (DIY), Stabilizer bars on the rear axle (DIY).
Old Sat, November 6th, 2010, 11:56 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

We need to get you down here for a weekend and see what's going on with your truck.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Sun, November 7th, 2010, 08:33 AM
DIY Man

you are a long way away from me. Otherwise I would get it to you, to figure out.
I am looking at a different truck, that way I don't have these problems.

Old Mon, November 8th, 2010, 08:02 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Troy,

You need AT LEAST 340 PSI while the engine is luke warm. A HEALTHY engine will usually be in the 370-400+ PSI range. Anything lower will usually cause a miss until the engine warms up or the boost comes up a little bit.

Low compression will usually be accompanied by white smoke from the exhaust that burns your eyeballs if you stick your face in it.
Old Wed, November 17th, 2010, 05:43 AM
SICKS LITER RACING

SICKS-O is on a distinguished road

did you do a buzz test with the new injectors in 7 & 8?
Old Sat, November 27th, 2010, 08:27 AM
DIY Man

Quote:
SICKS-O did you do a buzz test with the new injectors in 7 & 8?
Yes all good.

Here is what I have done since last post.
Did the buzz test, everything sounds good on all 8 cylinders. Contribution test is good on all 8 also.
I am lost as to what is going on here.
Now the truck doesn't have the miss, but also has very low power even with the FU chip on 100 hp setting. It feels like the chip isn't even in the truck. my boost used to go to 26-28 psi now it only goes to 15 psi max, blows black smoke really bad. Even smokes on the idle, it is also black, sitting in garage for 3 to 5 minutes, when warm and idling, will burn your eyes really bad.
Oh MPG is down to average of 8.

I took the new injectors out of 7 and 8, put old ones back in, truck still has no miss, but the rest is still the same- no power, smokes on idle when warm, smokes driving it, with the FU chip in.

Take chip out and everything runs perfectly. No smoke, no miss, nothing, and has power, contribution test good, buzz test good, boost up to 26psi, 16 mpg average. I am LOST

Any ideas now? Ready to trade truck off, but can't with it running like this.

Could there be thick oil trapped in a injector boss that causes the solenoid to buzz correctly but injector not work right??????

Old Sat, November 27th, 2010, 08:29 AM
DIY Man

I have also thought that it was the chip connection. So I have pulled the chip out and reinstalled it, after checking the connections, still no different.