Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford Super Duty & Excursion > 1999 to 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel

1999 to 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel equipped Super Duty and Excursion

Old Thu, June 23rd, 2011, 09:48 AM
Double Whopper

OneMeanStroker is on a distinguished road

Do you recommend Hybrids then Cody. Really getting time I think for new injectors on the 7.3.
2000 F 250 CC LB 4x2, 6-sp, FU chip, WW, Turbomaster, Overboost Annihilator, BHAF, 35" ProComps on Flat Black 18" Mazzi Hulks, 4" DP, 5" Exhaust with muffler delete, ZooDad, Custom mesh grill, Boost, EGT, and Trans temp gauges.
2005 EX Limited, 4x4, CAI, NITTO TerraGrapplers on custom wheels, 3.5" DP, 4" Exhaust with muffler delete, Boost, EGT, and Trans temp gauges. GRYPHON.
Old Thu, June 23rd, 2011, 01:25 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

It all depends on what your goals are.

If you want above 400 HP, then yes. Keep in mind that your turbocharger, transmission (or clutch if it's a manual), and likely the high pressure oil pump will hate life if you plan on "using" that 400+ HP all of the time. The costs add up quick.

If you want a truck that maintains stock-ish reliablity on stock parts with a nice boost in power above stock (up to 380 or so horsepower), then go with Stage 1's.
Old Sun, July 10th, 2011, 08:19 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Another bit of modification done....

I had some time on Friday afternoon so I did some bodywork to the dents and dings in the front bumper and painted it as well as the headlight bezels and grille. Have I ever mentioned how much I hate bodywork and painting? It's nice with the right equipment but it's still not my bag o' chips.

Next up is the rear bumper. I have to weld up a hole that was previously used for a trailer plug and then reinstall a license plate light but there's no other damage that needs fixin'.

The shade of white looks a little off at the moment but the truck is filthy and the paint will darken a little bit after a couple washes. Heck, the bugs stuck to it will get me there even faster. Trying to color-match paint that is 11 years old already is TOUGH.

ON EDIT:

I also included a post-bath photo....much better!

Before bath.

After bath.

Last edited by cleatus12r; Sun, July 10th, 2011 at 08:56 PM.
Old Mon, July 11th, 2011, 01:14 AM
BROKE

907DAVE will become famous soon enough

Man I got a thing for white trucks!

I would add a set of clear marker/ turn lenses.... they would looks sweet!
Old Mon, July 11th, 2011, 06:26 AM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

cj45lc is on a distinguished road

Looks real good Cody, I agree with Dave I also like the white trucks
How hard is the exhaust on the rr wheel as far as soot?
Old Mon, July 11th, 2011, 08:00 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj45lc View Post
How hard is the exhaust on the rr wheel as far as soot?

The soot on the rear wheel should be reduced quite a bit now that I'm done pimping the power to my friends.

I never thought I'd like a white truck until 2005 when I got my first Super Duty. White is very easy to keep looking clean as I didn't realize how dirty the truck was until I ran the washcloth across the hood. Bright silver is the same way.

I'll get the rear bumper fixed this evening sometime and get it sprayed by this upcoming weekend. GOS Performance in Livingston is having a dyno event (1st one for them) and I might drive over and see what else shows up. Actually, I take that back. I think I'll get annoyed there by all of the diesel punks smoking out traffic all weekend with their "Smarty'd" Cummins and 10K-modded OBS trucks.

I may have my 20's on there by the end of the month too. Big Pimpin'!
Old Mon, July 11th, 2011, 08:04 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by 907DAVE View Post
Man I got a thing for white trucks!

I would add a set of clear marker/ turn lenses.... they would looks sweet!
Yep the clears would look better....

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Wed, July 13th, 2011, 10:15 AM
Spark Plug Inhibited

Jeremy is on a distinguished road

I've got a set from a 03..which were partially clear, they're yours if you want them. I also have a few nemo mirrors if you want them. I prefer the tow mirror, but the nemos would probably look better in that application.
00 F-350 7.3, 12 Speed, PHP Gryphon, PHP hydra, DAC3
95 F-Superduty 7.3 DI, Auto, Mechanics Truck
94 F-Superduty 7.3 DI, 5 speed, Flatbed
Old Wed, July 13th, 2011, 10:22 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
I've got a set from a 03..which were partially clear, they're yours if you want them. I also have a few nemo mirrors if you want them. I prefer the tow mirror, but the nemos would probably look better in that application.

Thanks Jeremy, but I'll have to pass.

I like the orange markers, they aren't so cliche.

As for the mirrors, the truck has a gooseneck hitch in it and I use it, so the tow mirrors are staying! I can't stand not being able to see behind me.

I appreciate the offer though!
Old Wed, July 13th, 2011, 10:52 AM
Spark Plug Inhibited

Jeremy is on a distinguished road

I hear ya! I don't like the nemos...hence the reason i have a bunch of them. I just figured they'd shave a couple of 10th off the 1/4 mile time

She looks good! When you headed back to GA? I got another 7.3L(02) motor down here that could probably use a ride to Bills.
00 F-350 7.3, 12 Speed, PHP Gryphon, PHP hydra, DAC3
95 F-Superduty 7.3 DI, Auto, Mechanics Truck
94 F-Superduty 7.3 DI, 5 speed, Flatbed