Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Closed Thread

Old Fri, October 29th, 2010, 10:12 PM
Double Whopper

mjphillips1981 is on a distinguished road
Default Me too!!

I think I may have this same problem as well. Mine is not that frequent. Maybe once a month. But it will run rough just like it is missing and then all of a sudden clear up. I have the 87 performance tune on an 2007 5.4 about 61,000 miles. I guess I will put in a ticket as well.
Old Mon, November 1st, 2010, 09:58 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSur View Post
My service ticket is in

For those of you having this problem, I highly recommend submitting a service ticket in order to assist PHP with tracking issues and general recordkeeping. I would NOT depend on this forum alone as a resource for technical support. We should be exercising due diligence in following the right procedures. Good luck to you all.
Greg, PM me with your shirt size, and thanks for the EXCELLENT post. Reputation points given for this one!

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Mon, November 1st, 2010, 10:05 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

I opened my own service ticket for Bill. I believe this is a problem he's been tackling off and on for some time now, but that's just my impression from some posts. As soon as I know something, I'll let everyone know.

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Tue, November 2nd, 2010, 03:34 PM
Whopper

BeachSled is on a distinguished road
Default Stumble/Miss/Hesitation

I too have the same problem and have taken some videos of different PID's when it's happening with my iPhone. I will post them and start a ticket to. I know you guys are busy Corey, I had sent a email on sept 14 with this info but was unsure if you received it. I know in time things will get sorted out. I too am very busy lately at Corey you know what is going on at home with us.

Hope everyone has a good day!

2006 5.4l 123,000 km
Old Wed, November 3rd, 2010, 08:09 PM
Canadian

tohi2care is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkehler View Post
I got a gryphon in early sept and have the EXACT same issue. i thought it was coincidence, but it only does it on SETTING 2 / 87 economy tow. Drivability is crap. I had to turn it to setting 1 'tow only' or 'shift only' or whatever its called.

at this point it looks like this is a known issue with the canned #2 tune, not a couple coincidences. Good thing I found this, I was just about to start throwing parts like coilpacks at it to solve the issue.

I guess its time for a ticket for me then. btw...2006 fx4. is it just me or is this a lot of 06 models?

Matt
I have an 06 aswell. But I am getting the problem on all settings. I seem to get it more often in towing and performance setting then economy so I just leave it there and deal with it. However when you have an 8 foot camper on your truck and your climbing 2 miles of 12% grade and the problem happens you pretty much have to pull over. I have noticed that if you turn the engine off and start it back up, it (the problem) instantly goes away.
Old Sat, November 6th, 2010, 03:01 AM
Whopper

BeachSled is on a distinguished road
Default Stumble/Miss/Hesitation

Just added my support ticket, thanks for all your help PHP. Have a great day guys !! :-)
Old Sat, November 6th, 2010, 06:10 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Without going back through the prior posts (which I will, but not at this moment) I just wanted to give everyone a quickie status update.

I have been working with 2 customers over the last week that have had basically the same concerns everyone here has had and I think we are at a resolution. I'm really sorry that it has taken longer than I expected, but Corey was out quite a bit this week and I ended up a bit short handed and didn't get to the issue as quickly as I had expected.

In any event, here's the deal. If you have not already filled out a service ticket, your issues will not be properly addressed. Please go to Support Login and fill in a service ticket. Make sure to include your ECM HEX code and your unit serial number in the spaces provided. We'll be rolling through the tickets this week and should have everyone addressed pretty quickly.

I appreciate those who have been patiently (and sometimes impatiently ) waiting for a resolution to this issue.

Take care.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Sat, November 6th, 2010, 08:45 PM
08F150LARIET

lbjailer is on a distinguished road

I'm glad I did the support request. Last night I took a 200 mile drive and although the truck ran good, in the mountain roads where downshifting was frequesnt and necessary the transmission seemed to downshift hard. I hope the fix of level 2 will remedy this as well.
Old Wed, November 10th, 2010, 07:44 AM
Whopper

mkehler is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I got a gryphon in early sept and have the EXACT same issue. i thought it was coincidence, but it only does it on SETTING 2 / 87 economy tow. Drivability is crap. I had to turn it to setting 1 'tow only' or 'shift only' or whatever its called.

at this point it looks like this is a known issue with the canned #2 tune, not a couple coincidences. Good thing I found this, I was just about to start throwing parts like coilpacks at it to solve the issue.

I guess its time for a ticket for me then. btw...2006 fx4. is it just me or is this a lot of 06 models?

Matt
I'm going to correct own post here..mine is actually a 2007 not an 06. Not sure what I was thinking when I typed that.

Hopefully this gets resolved soon. I'm back to level1 - tow only until then.
Old Wed, November 10th, 2010, 10:38 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
I'm going to correct own post here..mine is actually a 2007 not an 06. Not sure what I was thinking when I typed that.

Hopefully this gets resolved soon. I'm back to level1 - tow only until then.
It would be much appreciatived by the staff at PHP if you would ALSO fill out your info in your User CP.....
Just your name doesn't cut it......
They need your phone #.....
Vehicle info.....
HEX code......

It's just a good thing to do.

Thank-you

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Closed Thread