Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford F-150, Expedition, Navigator, Blackwood, Mark-LT, SVT Lightning and H-D Editions > 2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT

2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT 4.2L, 4.6L and 5.4L equipped F-150s and Mark-LTs

Old Mon, June 15th, 2009, 08:10 PM
Whopper Junior

mfdengineer is on a distinguished road
Default Custom Tunes for SCT XCal2 questions

I have a few questions that I am hoping someone can help with., I have looked through the forums and have not found anything related. I have an 05 Mustang with custom tunes but I'm not as familiar with the F150 tuning.

1st question: I recently added 20'' OEM F150 wheels with 325/60/20 BFG Tires and need to correct my speedo to compensate for the tires. Is it possible to change this parameter with just the tuner only or does it require uploading a custom and then modifying the tire size?

2nd question: Can I get custom PHP tunes for my SCT Xcal2 or are they only compatible with the gryphon? I was looking to get a gryphon, but I already have a scangauge in my truck and I picked up a SCT XCal2 used for use on my truck.

3rd question: If custom tunes are available for use on the XCal2, what is the pricing? I could not find this info on the PHP website.

I would greatly appreciate any input on this, I would love to get custom tunes for my truck as the bigger tires have really affected performance.

Thanks
Old Mon, June 15th, 2009, 08:38 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

Hi there, and :welcome3: to the forum! Bill is finishing up some software tonight and is going to spend a good amount of time on the forums (especially THIS one!) tomorrow. I'll make sure he addresses this post.

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Mon, June 15th, 2009, 08:39 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

I know ZIP about the XCal2, but I feel sure you can change your tire size with it. I cannot believe you would need a custom tune to do this. This device may want revs per mile instead of tire circumference.

I know Mike Troyer and Justin Starkey could write custom tunes for the XCal2, but I don't know if Bill can.

And, I suspect you can't find pricing on PHP's website because Bill may not be tuning the XCal2.

(And - Corey beat me to a reply! Dang! These young folks are fast!)

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Mon, June 15th, 2009, 10:46 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

The xcal2 isn't any different than the xcal3 just less memory and a few less adjustable parameters.

Yes the tire size can be adjusted.

Bill will have to answer about custom tunes.

Lars

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Tue, June 16th, 2009, 04:40 AM
Whopper Junior

Thanks for the replys!! I am eagerly waiting for Bill's input. I know that tire size can be adjusted, but my question is can it be changed without having a tune to load into the truck? I plan on getting custom tunes, but I just wanted to take care of the speedo problem until then...
Old Tue, June 23rd, 2009, 02:57 AM
Whopper Junior

Any update on this? I am waiting patiently!
Old Tue, August 11th, 2009, 02:31 AM
Whopper Junior

I am desperatley looking for some guidance. I did get an Xcal2 from a friend and some custom tunes. My brother needs an Xcal for his mustang so I am looking at getting a gryphon and letting him have my Xcal2. What I really would like to find out is... can the Xcal2 tunes be rewritten for the gryphon or will they load onto the gryphon as is? They are in the .cef file extension. Many thanks for all the great work you do Bill and Corey!!
Old Tue, August 11th, 2009, 10:24 AM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

I'll try to get Corey or Bill's attention on this. Hang in there.

- Jack
Old Tue, August 11th, 2009, 11:38 AM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfdengineer View Post
I have a few questions that I am hoping someone can help with., I have looked through the forums and have not found anything related. I have an 05 Mustang with custom tunes but I'm not as familiar with the F150 tuning.

1st question: I recently added 20'' OEM F150 wheels with 325/60/20 BFG Tires and need to correct my speedo to compensate for the tires. Is it possible to change this parameter with just the tuner only or does it require uploading a custom and then modifying the tire size?

2nd question: Can I get custom PHP tunes for my SCT Xcal2 or are they only compatible with the gryphon? I was looking to get a gryphon, but I already have a scangauge in my truck and I picked up a SCT XCal2 used for use on my truck.

3rd question: If custom tunes are available for use on the XCal2, what is the pricing? I could not find this info on the PHP website.

I would greatly appreciate any input on this, I would love to get custom tunes for my truck as the bigger tires have really affected performance.

Thanks
Okay, so Bill hasn't jumped in, so I will do my best.

We can write tunes for the X2 or the X3; custom tunes are $60 each (which is the same price as custom tunes for an upgrade). We can't pull the tunes off an SCT programmer and put them on the Gryphon -- two totally different animals. However, we CAN write custom tunes for all of the programmers (even for the Mustang if your brother is interested!) using the different platforms.

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Tue, August 11th, 2009, 10:57 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

I apologize for the delay in responding. Some threads seem to fly under the radar from time to time and I miss them.

Corey pretty much covered it. We would have no problems writing custom tuning for your F150. Our tunes are compatible with both the XCal2/3 as well as the Gryphon.

Take care.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!

Tags
custom, sct, tunes, xcal2