Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Tue, June 30th, 2009, 01:36 PM
Bacon King

Desert Racer is on a distinguished road

For the driver side you just wait untill operating temps. For the passenger side ac has to be on for the fan to kick on. I live in vegas so I wired both fans to come on with the ac when it is on. Also yes bump the idle up a lil as my truck started to surge and the volt meter started to drop to the 12's. Been a day now and fans are working flawlessly. I might have my fans come on too soon yet truck seems to be running in operation temps according to the display. Also seems to have more get up and go and better control on the skinny pedal lol. Lmk if you need any more help
Old Tue, June 30th, 2009, 01:41 PM
Bacon King

th3godf4th3r is on a distinguished road

well i got the driver side one. it comes on when i show 200 CHT on my gryphon, i was then wanting the second one to come on at 210 CHT. however, i can turn the dial all the way around and it never turns on. the only time it turns on is when i press the a/c button which it should because i have it come on whenever i have the a/c turned on.

its just if the CHT got above 210 the second fan wont turn on unless the a/c gets turned on

thats what is puzzling me
2008 White Ford F-150 Lariat Supercrew 4x4 | PHP Gryphon w/ Custom Tunes | 18" XD Monster's | 33" BFG A/T | AS Leveling Kit | Brandmotion iPod Adapter | 6000k H.I.D Lights | Line-X Bedliner | Weathertech Floorliners| True Dual Magnaflow Exhaust| K&N Cold Air Intake| Troyer Performance UD Pulleys
Old Tue, June 30th, 2009, 05:46 PM
Bacon King

Desert Racer is on a distinguished road

well think you might have a problem if you can turn the screw a full 360 degree it is only supposed to go 3/4 of a full turn. think that might be your problem as you may have stripped that lil screw for the controller. that is werid as when my truck hits a certain temp both fans kick on. i see what you are saying. only thing i can think of is double check the wiring. and make sure all connections are good and solid.
Old Mon, July 6th, 2009, 05:03 PM
Bacon King

th3godf4th3r is on a distinguished road

ok so ive been playing around with it for awhile now TRYING to get the first fan to come on at 200 CHT but it never seems too until about 208-210

the second one i still cant get to come on at a higher temp.

i had guys on f150online tell me to go by the ECT because the t-stat opens at 195 and when i set the fan at 200 for the CHT the ECT is always at about 194.

should i change it so i try and get the fan to come on at 200 ECT??

also the temperature probes, could they be doing this? one of them is a little bit loose but only if you pull it. the other one is better
2008 White Ford F-150 Lariat Supercrew 4x4 | PHP Gryphon w/ Custom Tunes | 18" XD Monster's | 33" BFG A/T | AS Leveling Kit | Brandmotion iPod Adapter | 6000k H.I.D Lights | Line-X Bedliner | Weathertech Floorliners| True Dual Magnaflow Exhaust| K&N Cold Air Intake| Troyer Performance UD Pulleys