Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Wed, January 13th, 2010, 08:00 PM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

martinoledad is on a distinguished road

i always reset mine when i get on the highway for more then about 50 miles. but where i live there is alot of hills so i get horrible MPG until i get about 35 miles west of where i live

the average MPG that comes on the truck not gryphon.
Old Wed, January 13th, 2010, 09:00 PM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Racing View Post
So if a person typically resets after every tank they are not getting the full effect of the AVG MPG. They should wait and reset after 4 tanks? Or don't reset at all?
The only reason I bring this up is if a person does reset it at every fill up then there would be less samples to draw from thus sitting at an idle would have a bigger drop? Am I applying the right reasoning?
Yep, but as I said earlier 4 tanks is not always the 28 hours. I could burn through 4 tanks about 16 hours depending on how much I drive. I would only reset it after maybe you make a large change. As in when they change from winter to summer gas or if you put on new tires. Once you start getting past 50K readings the mileage isn't going to change much.

Haha, its a shame the gryphon cant record run time like some of those bike odometers. Mine will show how many minutes/hours I've have been riding the bike for. I wonder if Bill could add a feature like that to the gryphon. It probably wouldn't be hard if he can because the gryphon records engine run time for the average mileage anyways, 1 reading per second. Take the readings and divide them by 3600 and you have runtime hours. But I dont know much about the development capabilities on his side. As far as I know he could make the gryphon shoot out fire and sparks if he wanted.
Old Thu, January 14th, 2010, 10:20 PM
Big L

Big L is on a distinguished road

Okay I feel better now. Thought it was just my unit.

The only thing that makes sense is that it does not use 100,000 samples at 1 second apart. Either it uses less samples or many more than 1 per second.

We will have to wait for Bill to give us some accurate numbers on this matter and possibly increase the duration the average mpg uses.
Old Thu, January 14th, 2010, 11:00 PM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

AZFX4 is on a distinguished road

I drove around all day today after a full tank of gas and it reading 14.0mpg. City and highway, then once I headed home which was like 10 miles, it went from 14.0 to 14.3mpg.. lol.

I've seen where it will show say, 15mpg and I hit a red light, sit there for a few seconds, light turns green, hit the gas and it drops to like .1 a few times for like 10 seconds. Then I'm showing 14.6mpg when it was showing 15mpg for like 30 mins doing the same driving style.

Or maybe I have no idea what I'm seeing. I don't reset my Average MPG, I didn't know we could. Either way I can see if I'm getting good gas mileage if I see 100 miles at 1/4 tank, if I see 60 at 1/4, I'm getting HORRIBLE mpg lol.
Old Thu, January 14th, 2010, 11:08 PM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

Haha wow. I've gotten over 430 miles on one tank without any lights or warnings coming on and I was just about to touch E...and that was before the programmer. I get even better mileage now.
Old Fri, January 15th, 2010, 12:49 AM
Grown-up in training!

ticopowell will become famous soon enough

I have also noticed the same thing, The idea that it resets too much to be too accurate im not sure if i agree with, it makes sense, but i have never purposely reset the grypon, I have unplugged it 2-3 times since i have had it, but i drove to Utah (8-9 hours), drove around there quite a bit (2-3 hours) drove to Wyoming (3-4 hours),drove back to Utah(another 3-4 hours), drove around a lot there(2-3 hours), and drove back to Colorado(another 8-9 hours), drove around here for at least 2 tanks now and I haven't reset it since, but it still seems to drop rather quickly, quicker than it should after 100,000 readings.
I also agree with the statement that they are just going to be inaccurate no matter how you do them.