Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Thu, February 18th, 2010, 12:16 PM
Whopper Junior

todd.scallions is on a distinguished road
Default A Few ?'s

I received my Gryphon towards the end of January. I installed it and then set it to the canned tow package. I changed the gear ratio & tire size, but the truck seems to be shifting crazy and idling at a higher RPM. Shifting from 1st to second doesn't seem to happen until I'm close to 3,000 RPM's (barely giving it gas). I just went back to stock this morning and I could tell a big difference. Seems more responsive now. Does this sound right? Did I miss something? I just figured I'd leave it at stock until my custom tunes come in. Also, should I hook this up to the PC and update the firmware on it?

Also, I just decided to add high flow cats to my truck and I haven't received my custom tunes yet. Is there anyway to update my custom tune order to reflect these changes? Or does that even need to be changed for custom tunes?

Last edited by todd.scallions; Thu, February 18th, 2010 at 12:27 PM.
Old Thu, February 18th, 2010, 01:38 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

The high flo cats won't need any changes to the tunes but if you go truduals then that needs to be addressed.
The crazy rpms and shifting?
The only thing I can think of is that the tow tune was loaded with a custom file right away.
The tow tune needs to be loaded first then driven awhile with no custom options applied then the TS and GR can be changed in the CO menu.

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Thu, February 18th, 2010, 02:20 PM
Whopper Junior

Ok, maybe that's what I did wrong. I set it to Level 2 two and then drove it a few miles and then changed the TS & GR to what I am running on the truck. It's back at stock now and driving much better. What about updating the Gryphon? How do I know if there is even an update avaliable?
Old Thu, February 18th, 2010, 05:47 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

There hasn't been an update for the gryphon since 12/1/2008.
If there's an update they will let us know!
The level 2 canned needs to be driven at least 50 miles maybe more, while varying your speed. This will help build files so when custom options are applied then it works OK.
Some trucks do it and others don't.
When you went back to stock you reset your pcm so its in a new learning mode no different if you disconnected the battery.
That's why it may feel more frisky in stock.

Old Thu, February 18th, 2010, 06:04 PM
Whopper Junior

Default Maybe

I put it back to Level 2 before I left work and I did not change the TS or GR this time. It's shifting fine now and the idle speed is a lot lower now. Here is what I "think" happenend. When I changed the TS & GR I didn't change anything else under the custom options menu. If it just loads "placeholder" settings for all the other options then maybe something else needs to be changed to compensate for the larger tire size and smaller gear ratio. Then again, this is all new to me so maybe I'm way off. Either way, Level 2 with no changes is working fine... Except for the spedo being off a bit.
Old Thu, February 18th, 2010, 07:09 PM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

Now you should be able to go in and change the tire size and gear ratio.
Old Thu, February 18th, 2010, 10:47 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

The TS and GR are the only 2 in the CO menu that use place holders.
The other thing I thought of is if you didn't save your values and somehow backed out of the CO with the place holders in place then loaded your canned level 2 tow.