Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Sat, February 20th, 2010, 09:42 AM
Whopper

jeffro is on a distinguished road
Default Avg MPG reset how to? (yes I searched)

Ok I spent the last 45 min searching. How do you reset the Avg MPG or do you just let run to the 100k samples aka 4 tanks of gas? Can't wait for the snow to clear till I can get on her. Had my neighbor take it out for a drive after I got the tow tune all tricked out. He has the same work truck. Well he came back 2 hours and 1/2 a tank later with a big smile

Last edited by jeffro; Sat, February 20th, 2010 at 10:03 AM.
Old Sat, February 20th, 2010, 09:48 AM
Gryphon CTS

shotgun will become famous soon enough

Look at page 12 of the manual.

After pressing [ENTER], the main display will come up. (Parameters and values may vary.) There are five boxes that display information about your vehicle. The black box in the top right corner tells which level is currently
programmed on your vehicle. The other four boxes can show up to 4 PIDs of your vehicle.

The Gryphon™ will default to RPM, MPH, TFT, and ECT. Optional parameters and display formats may be selected. Please see the SETUP section of this manual.

From this display, press [MENU] to select and use other features of the Gryphon™. The display backlight can also be controlled from this display using the [UP] and [DOWN] arrow keys.

Pressing [ENTER] while viewing these 4 PIDs will bring up a message asking you if you would like to reset the average economy. If you press [ENTER] again, the Gryphon™ will erase all fuel economy stored data which was in the Gryphon™ and restart the averaging function.

Factory manuals here: http://www.motorcraftservice.com
Old Sat, February 20th, 2010, 10:00 AM
Whopper

Default You Rock what beer ya want ?

Dude I read that thing 100 times and missed that part just like the "load previous settings" one too. You a former Jar Head? Retired USAF here 24 years and back on the GG/GS side

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgun View Post
Look at page 12 of the manual.

After pressing [ENTER], the main display will come up. (Parameters and values may vary.) There are five boxes that display information about your vehicle. The black box in the top right corner tells which level is currently
programmed on your vehicle. The other four boxes can show up to 4 PIDs of your vehicle.

The Gryphon™ will default to RPM, MPH, TFT, and ECT. Optional parameters and display formats may be selected. Please see the SETUP section of this manual.

From this display, press [MENU] to select and use other features of the Gryphon™. The display backlight can also be controlled from this display using the [UP] and [DOWN] arrow keys.

Pressing [ENTER] while viewing these 4 PIDs will bring up a message asking you if you would like to reset the average economy. If you press [ENTER] again, the Gryphon™ will erase all fuel economy stored data which was in the Gryphon™ and restart the averaging function.
Old Sat, February 20th, 2010, 10:08 AM
Gryphon CTS

shotgun will become famous soon enough
Default Warsteiner please...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
Dude I read that thing 100 times and missed that part just like the "load previous settings" one too. You a former Jar Head? Retired USAF here 24 years and back on the GG/GS side
Been there, done that (my wife has all the proof).

Glad to help!

Former Army communication officer (the avatar is the USMA - West Point - crest).

Factory manuals here: http://www.motorcraftservice.com
Old Sat, February 20th, 2010, 11:25 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Depending on what year your truck is the proceedure varies on this.
Like shotgun stated is for the 04-08.
But I think for the 97-03 +04 heritage the gryphon needs to be unplugged and plugged back in again with key on engine off.

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Sat, February 20th, 2010, 11:38 PM
Whopper

Worked like a charm. Love the commo dudes they helped me out a lot in Iraq

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgun View Post
Been there, done that (my wife has all the proof).

Glad to help!

Former Army communication officer (the avatar is the USMA - West Point - crest).
Old Wed, February 24th, 2010, 09:06 AM
Bacon King

XPerties is on a distinguished road

You ever put your keys down, go back later to get them and they are not there then spend 30 min looking for them only to find them where you looked before?

F150 05 5.4 XLT, Nitto 295/70/17, Dual Flowmaster, Gryphon w/ Custom Tunes
K&N CAI, HBS 2 1/2 Level Kit, Blackout Heads w/ 8K HID's, Tinted Tails & 3rd Light w/ LED's
Old Wed, February 24th, 2010, 06:19 PM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by XPerties View Post
You ever put your keys down, go back later to get them and they are not there then spend 30 min looking for them only to find them where you looked before?

Hey, it's not funny when that happens...